Models : no experience...paid work only ???

Models : no experience...paid work only ???

58 posts
23 Nov 2013
Dickymint
Photographer
Dickymint
with 2 or 3 iPhone images : are these girls serious or out for a wind up ?

Posted 23 Nov 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
Dickymint
[with 2 or 3 iPhone images : are these girls serious or out for a wind up ?]
Serious, very likely, realistic is the question, but as said many times on similar threads, people can ask anything they like, and obviously do!
Posted 23 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Serious

Posted 23 Nov 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
If they are lookers and have enough sense they could get good well paid work. Good luck to them.

Posted 23 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Lisaliz

If they are lookers and have enough sense they could get good well paid work. Good luck to them.

Not sure about the "good"..................................

Posted 23 Nov 2013
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
If they didn't have any potential, they you would not be interested in shooting them in the first place. This just sounds like another rant by someone who can't get the models they want to shoot for free.

Posted 23 Nov 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
These threads generally show that the original poster(s) just doesn't understand modelling and photographing models.
People who start such threads either live a very sheltered life or are lacking in basic intelligence.

The answer to their question is always 'why does it bother you if you aren't interested in shooting the model ? If you are interested, there clearly is a market for her looks, but your valuation is either less than her valuation, or you are only interested in free shoots'

Posted 23 Nov 2013
Edited by stolenfaces 23 Nov 2013
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Has to be the most original question ever asked here. Wonder how the OP came up with it.

Posted 23 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Lisaliz

Basically, Yeah - quite right. .

Posted 23 Nov 2013
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
stolenfaces

These threads generally show that the original poster(s) just doesn't understand modelling and photographing models. People who start such threads either live a very sheltered life or are lacking in basic intelligence. The answer to their question is always 'why does it bother you if you aren't interested in shooting the model ? If you are interested, there clearly is a market for her looks, but your valuation is either less than her valuation, or you are only interested in free shoots'

The original poster is studying for a BA (Hons) Degree so it's unlikely to be the latter quality you describe. Clearly a sheltered life then, according to your assessment .  

Posted 23 Nov 2013
Dickymint
Photographer
Dickymint
tarmoo
If they didn't have any potential, they you would not be interested in shooting them in the first place. This just sounds like another rant by someone who can't get the models they want to shoot for free.
idiot ! I pay for all my models, and I pay well. I run 2 successful clubs and another business. The point i'm trying to make is that on this site and others there seems to be a culture that only models are in this to make money and togs just pay models (or not) to ad images to their collections. Do any of these models even consider that some togs are in this for a living ? I just hate the obvious types that think a quick registration, a few iPhone picks and a look at their knickers will get them lots of easy money. Am I going to set up all my expensive gear in my studio, spend time and money, and pay a girl that doesn't even know how to stand properly ! photographers are not cash cows ! I know this subject has been done to the hilt, but after seeing two "models" from south Yorkshire on the front page today just made me want to have a moan.. No experience, crap port images and the gall to ask for money. If someone pays them good luck to them !
Posted 23 Nov 2013
These girls are probably completely new to the idea of modelling, have no idea how it works but know that models tend to get paid so have just gone with what they thought was right for a modelling site.

The liklihood is they won't get any paid work straight off so why bother moaning about it?

Posted 23 Nov 2013
Dickymint
Photographer
Dickymint
jessicard
These girls are probably completely new to the idea of modelling, have no idea how it works but know that models tend to get paid so have just gone with what they thought was right for a modelling site. The liklihood is they won't get any paid work straight off so why bother moaning about it?
Not moaning , but after working with some amazing full time models (all published ) hard working and very professional, it just annoys me that these people think their in the same league. It takes a long time to be a professional model, one that is worth their rates. I'm all for helping new models and have helped many get into this game.
Posted 23 Nov 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Kiboko
The original poster is studying for a BA (Hons) Degree so it's unlikely to be the latter quality you describe. Clearly a sheltered life then, according to your assessment .  
Universities are not really very selective these days... I don't think that argument follows (especially as his later post goes on about his business and studios etc rather than any academic achievements or endeavors). If he could read he would have seen one of these threads and the comprehensive answers every week for the last year. Personally I regard these type of threads as at best dim-witted and a worst a form of grooming... where they hope that new or old models will think it unreasonable to ask for money unless less they have at least shot for free with the poster and his mates(of each thread - not this particular one). In political circles it is known as setting the agenda. I am prepared to believe this particular poster is just dim-witted.
Posted 23 Nov 2013
Dickymint
Photographer
Dickymint
Just a question to all the togs then : when you got your first ever camera did you ask for money on your first shoot ? did you consider your skills warranted payment ?
I doubt it.

if anyone is new to something, and is intent on doing it properly, would they not first do at least a little research, find out how it all works ect. not just dive in asking for money.. do some TF first, get at least a few worthy images to show your potential, don't just assume its east money it aint !

Posted 23 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join