Photoshop CC and Lightroom for £8.78 amonth.

Photoshop CC and Lightroom for £8.78 amonth.

16 posts
21 Nov 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
For a limited time, you can join a special Creative Cloud plan. It includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available, 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration, and a Behance ProSite. And it's just £8.78/month when you sign up for a one-year plan, but you need to join by December 2, 2013. Questions? See our FAQ and terms.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom?store_code=gb&locale=en

Posted 21 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
How much is it after a year (when you are dependant on it)?

Posted 21 Nov 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
From what I heard they have no intention of changing the structure after any set period of time but the offer is only available until early Dec 2-3rd. Its $9.99 in the US, £6.18 converted, now that really would be interesting!

Posted 21 Nov 2013
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
providing you sign up before the deadline it remains at £8.78 (which includes VAT)- although I assume there may be an inflation factor after a while - at least it doesn't jump up the original price of at least double that

Posted 21 Nov 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Does anyone know if you have plugins now working with CS5 what happens when you go cloud CC/LR?

Posted 21 Nov 2013
lester2705
Photographer
lester2705
I signed up yesterday and its now all running fine. I transferred my plug-ins brushes actions and styles and they work a treat with no issues at all. They say its £8.78 per month which just comes off my card and it goes up to the normall price after 12 months, but if memory serves its about 17 quid a month at its normal price for that package

Posted 21 Nov 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
lester2705
I signed up yesterday and its now all running fine. I transferred my plug-ins brushes actions and styles and they work a treat with no issues at all. They say its £8.78 per month which just comes off my card and it goes up to the normall price after 12 months, but if memory serves its about 17 quid a month at its normal price for that package
8.78 is the normal price. It isn't an introductory offer. You have to sign up by dec 31st
Posted 22 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
stolenfaces

8.78 is the normal price. It isn't an introductory offer. You have to sign up by dec 31st

And that's what worries people.  If it were a 'normal' price, there wouldn't be a time limit and furthermore, do you honestly think they'll keep those early adopters at the lower price for evermore when all new customers may end up paying twice as much?   Sooner or later everyone will be on the same deal (whether new customers or old) and it will go up in price eventually, the question is... when?
Posted 22 Nov 2013
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

http://www.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/ccm_photoshop_app_offer.html

'Tis rather ambiguous to determine if the price will stay at that price or if it'll go up to the post offer price. The cynic in me also says this is is a cheap shot to get people onto the Creative Cloud and away from the perpetual licences. 

Posted 22 Nov 2013
lester2705
Photographer
lester2705
Sorry I was presuming it was an offer price. When I first looked into going to the creative cloud I was told it was £17 something per month for PS and LR combination so thought this was a special promotion to get people onboard and then obviously after the 12 months reverting to that 17 quid or whatever inflated price it would be sitting at by then.
When I first signed up though it had to be taken out by 2nd December so must have been extended due to its popularity. Mind, now that I've took this offer up, I've now also been emailed by Adobe offering me the complete package for $29.99 per month for 12 months!!

Posted 22 Nov 2013
paule
Photographer
paule
  • For a limited time, you can join a special Creative Cloud plan.
  • It includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available, 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration, and a Behance ProSite.
  • And it's just £8.78/month when you sign up for a one-year plan,
  • but you need to join by December 2, 2013. Questions?

Looks good... think I may give them another go.... though will look to learn other tools at the same time: OnOne & Corel I reckon.
Posted 22 Nov 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
I see they've changed it, now with no mention of owning a previous version, but the offer only runs until December 2nd instead of 31st Dec.
This changing the terms of the offer doesn't really make you confident that they will keep the special pricing forever.
Makes them look pretty desperate to get some revenue in.

Posted 22 Nov 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
But if they hold this price then the revenue stream from those who only previously got hold of illegal copies could be immense! I saw Scott Kelby who I think sits on an external panel of advisors for Adobe? so not without an interest, talking about this as a long term offer, Even if it flips out after 12-24 months CS5/6 are still viable and these days Lightroom gives me 80% what I need and as that develops it could take a 100% role really soon! So if you went back to LR only, say in a years time its a one off £100 for the latest of just use LR5.

I think people also have the wrong idea of CC, its a downloadable programme that sits on your machine, You can by now the programme as an illegal copy on disc, the 20gb cloud storage an option but not essential. your Jpegs/RAW files can sit on your system as normal.

My only thought really is shall I downgrade here to buy there!

Posted 22 Nov 2013
paule
Photographer
paule
Lightroom is the majority of my work too.. I like PS, for the very little of it that I use and the price: £8.78.. is about right I think for what I use. While it is at that rate I'll subscribe.

Though I will look to use other applications too.

I couldn't give a stuff about the cloud space... and definately won't use it.
Posted 23 Nov 2013
Edited by paule 23 Nov 2013
Themakeupfairy
Make Up Artist
Themakeupfai..
I've bin currently editing images for fun and found this has become an interest so I'd like to practice more on retouching images. If your interested in helping out send me an image to re-touch and I'll send them back to you. Carla20@live.co.uk
Posted 2 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join