Grrrr models!

22 posts
17 Nov 2013
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Just seen a casting on another (inferior) model/photographer website and I cant believe what I am reading. The model is asking for photographers to shoot her for her portfolio and then wants them to pay her for the privilege!
Posted 17 Nov 2013
Edited by silverstar 17 Nov 2013
DonMacKay
Photographer
DonMacKay
You shouldn't let this upset you. She can ask. However, it's unlikely that any decent photographer will fall for it.

Posted 17 Nov 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
silverstar
Just seen a casting on another (inferior) model/photographer website and I cant believe what I am reading. The model is asking for photographers to shoot her for her portfolio and then wants them to pay her for the privilege!
Wow how awful! You must be in a terrible state of shock! If only models and modelling were state controlled this type of free enterprise could be wiped out entirely, and you could read castings safely again.
Posted 17 Nov 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
This is by no means a unique scenario! You will also see ' amateur, no experience, paid work only' , 'implied topless £50/hr' etc. people are allowed to ask for anything they want, however unfeaseable, the likelihood of a response may be.But they can ask.

Posted 17 Nov 2013
Edited by magpie1 17 Nov 2013
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Ha Stolen, that's exactly what we need. I nearly choked on my tea!

Posted 17 Nov 2013
Edited by silverstar 17 Nov 2013
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
magpie1
This is by no means a unique scenario! You will also see ' amateur, no experience, paid work only' , 'implied topless £50/hr' etc. people are allowed to ask for anything they want, however unfeaseable, the likelihood of a response may be.But they can ask.
Or just turning up is enough to secure the payment, doing what is asked is too much trouble.
Posted 17 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Conversely, there's bullshit aplenty offered by photographers too, both sides can be pretty brass necked I think.

Posted 17 Nov 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
profilepictures
[Conversely, there's bullshit aplenty offered by photographers too, both sides can be pretty brass necked I think.]
Obviously, for every amateur, no experience, paid work only, model, there is an ' advanced, very experienced, paid work only,'photographer, whose portfolio is made up of images taken on "workshops"That's the nature of most/all? Internet sites, not limited to model, photographers, people can pretty much say anything they want.
Posted 17 Nov 2013
Edited by magpie1 17 Nov 2013
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecoo..
Delusions all around are not uncommon!

Posted 17 Nov 2013
magpie1

amateur, no experience, paid work only' , 'implied topless £50/hr'

You think that's bad the other model I worked with today demanded a Dreamie after every pose change! And then spent the rest of the shoot snoozing!
Posted 17 Nov 2013
Edited by WebModerator 17 Nov 2013
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dani-Elle

You think that's bad the other model I worked with today demanded a Dreamie after every pose change! And then spent the rest of the shoot snoozing!

Awww, thank you for making me smile on an early and grey Monday morning!

Posted 18 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Of course some of us pay the occasional model and give them the images
Posted 18 Nov 2013
silverk
Photographer
silverk
mph
Of course some of us pay the occasional model and give them the images
Well you certainly know how to make the rest of us feel amateurish! lol
Posted 18 Nov 2013
IainT
Photographer
IainT
profilepictures
Conversely, there's bullshit aplenty offered by photographers too, both sides can be pretty brass necked I think.
At least models usually have something to offer in terms that men WILL and DO pay to see them naked/half clothed regardless of their experience...so why shouldn't the girl take a chance and see if somebody will pay her to update? Photographers on the other hand often have nothing to offer and think the fact they have spent a fortune on equipment they can barely use gives them the right to free shoots or are even deluded enough to think models should be paying them.
Posted 18 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
silverk
Well you certainly know how to make the rest of us feel amateurish! lol
Not really - it's because I am an amateur that I can.
Posted 18 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join