Stay or go?

5 posts
15 Nov 2013
SPSPhotography
Photographer
SPSPhotography
Hi all,

I have just addedseveral images to my portfolio, and was wondering which are my strongest and weakest images, and why... Has anyone got any opinions?

Thanks,

Rich

Posted 15 Nov 2013
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
my opinion is and this is just an opinion based on what i like

strongest pics are the lady grasping the guitar head down and the nipple ice cube

Posted 15 Nov 2013
jes
Model
jes
I have just commented on the two I think are your best.  I would also include the girl in the doorway but the green braces just spoil it in my opinion.

I would personally get rid of the ones with the horrid brown creased backdrop...especially the guitar ones.  Your main image would put me off looking through the rest of your port.  Better to have a few good images than lots of not so good ones!
Posted 15 Nov 2013
Edited by jes 15 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I quite like the very last one, mostly because of the colour. The rest could go and you'd be no worse off I think.

Posted 16 Nov 2013
StNeots
Photographer
StNeots
The ones I think are best (and how they could have been better in my opinion):-

The background is a bit too obtrusive, especialy the light coloured tree trunk at top right, which could do with being cloned out. If you could open the lens up a bit more this would help. If not, a little gausian blur on the background to subdue it would make her stand out more.

The background seems to have some spots due to dust on the sensor, so some editing would not go amiss. The presence of the underwear draws my eye to it and stops me from appreciating the shape as a whole. Similarly, the top of the stool she is resting on has caught some of the light and detracts from the model herself. Nevertheless, there is some idea here which I think is worthwhile pursuing.

It is cropped very tight and I think the fluorescent glove is a mistake, but there is good eye contact and the model looks relaxed.

The lighting could be better (hotspots on background and in model's clothes could have been minimised) but the red works to draw your eye where it should be and the model is positioned well in the picture.
Posted 17 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join