Beginner Advice

12 posts
13 Nov 2013
neeks92
Model
neeks92
Looking to break into modelling, I have numberous tattoos and I know quite alot of photographers are put off by this. However, this is the type of model I would like to be. Does anyone have any advice for a beginner ?
Posted 13 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Post a casting call asking for a TF shoot (images in return for modelling) - but be selective about choosing a photographer.
Posted 13 Nov 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Yes, don't get scunnered by the many idiots out there.

Posted 13 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
I've messaged you, I'll be up that way tomorrow night if that's of any interest?

Posted 13 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
[qt][author]profilepictures[/author] I've messaged you, I'll be up that way tomorrow night if that's of any interest?[/qt] And that's the best offer you'll get - bite his hand off!
Posted 13 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Looks like we may have a shoot!
Posted 13 Nov 2013
Cody
Model
Cody
Tattoos do seem to be quite popular with some photographers and it's important to be in the genre you are happy with. Best of luck!

Posted 13 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
profilepictures
Looks like we may have a shoot!
We wait with bated breath!
Posted 13 Nov 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
If you're not yet a member of the Scottish Creative Network (SCN) become a member (it's free) 

We have monthly network meets in Glasgow and Edinburgh. The meets are great for meeting photographers, Make Up Artists, and other models, they're free and relaxed and easy way to organise shoots.

PM me for datails
Posted 13 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Ah, no shoot then...

Posted 14 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
On reflection, an update. If a photographer agrees to shoot with you, and you say you'd love to, and explain you'll need to see about arranging it. It's good to let the photographer know as early as possible if there's a problem or the shoot is off. If you've been left a telephone number so you can text the photographer, you can avoid even having to log on to do this. What's not very helpful is to just say nothing until after the photographer has wedged a bundle of camera gear into airport hand luggage in favour if some other essentials or luxuries and travelled by plane already only to get a message quite late in the day saying you'll be a no show.

Appreciating the short notice of the event, and your new status, it's not going to be a reference situation, but isn't a great start in terms of effort, attitude or foresight on your part. However, best of luck in all you do.

Posted 16 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
profilepictures

On reflection, an update. If a photographer agrees to shoot with you, and you say you'd love to, and explain you'll need to see about arranging it. It's good to let the photographer know as early as possible if there's a problem or the shoot is off. If you've been left a telephone number so you can text the photographer, you can avoid even having to log on to do this. What's not very helpful is to just say nothing until after the photographer has wedged a bundle of camera gear into airport hand luggage in favour if some other essentials or luxuries and travelled by plane already only to get a message quite late in the day saying you'll be a no show. Appreciating the short notice of the event, and your new status, it's not going to be a reference situation, but isn't a great start in terms of effort, attitude or foresight on your part. However, best of luck in all you do.

Posted 16 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join