Image accepted for PhotoVogue

Image accepted for PhotoVogue

27 posts
12 Nov 2013
tob
Photographer
tob
Well, just want to share that one of my images was accepted by VOGUE Italy for PhotoVogue
Posted 12 Nov 2013
silverk
Photographer
silverk
Well that's bloody excellent news, well done and many congrats.

Posted 12 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Well done, Vogue remains cool!

Posted 13 Nov 2013
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
I hear sometimes photos of garden sheds get on photo vogue, but enjoy!

Posted 14 Nov 2013
silverk
Photographer
silverk
Rawandthecooked
I hear sometimes photos of garden sheds get on photo vogue, but enjoy!
MIAOOOWWWWWWWW
Posted 14 Nov 2013
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
silverk
MIAOOOWWWWWWWW
It's true though……..
Posted 3 Dec 2013
Well done Mike - it's a great image...the model certainly put her backbone into posing cool
Posted 3 Dec 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Yes it's true, there are all sorts of pictures on there. Some you'll like and others you won't; all however, have got past a genuine photo editor and are then included in a stock library. Everyone has their own idea on what counts as an accolade, a comment on a picture here, a camera club judges rosette, in the local paper, international salon gold or vogue IT, Reuters bacs transfer or a platinum selling album cover. If it makes you smile, good stuff.

Posted 3 Dec 2013
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
Yeah, rooms of ballons make the cut as well! And some people love an FPI. Personally, I enjoyed it when some bloke called Tony Snowdon gave me a Hasselblad ( crap camera though, not even digital!) of course this was all way before the inter web…….

Posted 5 Dec 2013
Well done... beautiful image!...

Not sure I understand rawandthecooked's problem.
People should encourage sucess and celebrate with people when they are proud of something they have achieved!..

And sorry but whats Tony Snowdon, giving you a Hasselblad got to do with anything.

I'm a model/ photographer who also was given a hasselblad and I know how and use it!.. what baring does that have
on the OPs personal achievement!..

Stop looking down you're nose at other people!...

Jesus Wept!!

Posted 6 Dec 2013
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Lovely picture. Well done.

Posted 6 Dec 2013
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Rawandthecooked

Yeah, rooms of ballons make the cut as well! And some people love an FPI. Personally, I enjoyed it when some bloke called Tony Snowdon gave me a Hasselblad ( crap camera though, not even digital!) of course this was all way before the inter web…….

Pathetic bit of self-promotion.
Posted 6 Dec 2013
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
What's the bet Kenp has Vogue Italia? Shout about it a lot do you? SWPP member perhaps? Actually the ballon/shed guy is a friend of mine……. The point is, while I am generally not one to rain on anyones parade, vogue italia is not vogue, it is not really an indicator of quality,as some highly dubious 'selections 'have proven, and is about as useful as SWPP, RPS, BIPP, and all those other letters after your name in the real world.

You can hate me for it if you like.Doesn't stop it from being true.

Posted 7 Dec 2013
Edited by Rawandthecooked 7 Dec 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
If Ken has some Vogue it entries I'd say that reaffirms my impression of it being a worthy thing; ken after all, is probably one if the most gifted photographers I've encountered, despite his small portfolio on this site.

And yes, I have one, and it's gorgeous I think. Kirks shed is also a nice picture, so it's fair it got onto vogue it too!

Posted 7 Dec 2013
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Rawandthecooked

The point is, while I am generally not one to rain on anyones parade, vogue italia is not vogue

Never tell a wannabe emperor that his new clothes don't exist.

If those freely giving their images and copyright away to a massive publishing house (Conde Nast) by uploading them to what is effectively little more than a portfolio site like Purestorm (albeit a site that rejects some worthless images that users try to upload) think doing so is a good thing to do just leave them to it. Remember that some people get a buzz from impressing the impressionable by collecting sticky stars.

Bob
Posted 7 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join