Now the nights are drawing in (four candles)

Now the nights are drawing in (four candles)

25 posts
9 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I had a fancy to shoot something which felt wintery and maintain my denial at the passing odf the light sumery evenings, luckily the heating was on full and we found an old candlabra under the neighbours stairs, so Lisa and i spent a half hour fooling with getting candles organised, and ten minutes shooting, thought I'd share.
Posted 9 Nov 2013
Edited by profilepictures 9 Nov 2013
A singeing good shot

Posted 9 Nov 2013
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
Yes that's all very well but what were you doing rooting about under your neighbour's stairs
House breaking?frown
ATB Mike

Posted 10 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Far from house breaking, my neighbour is an expert in oil paintings, Gainsborough specifically. It's a communal cupboard thingy to our flats, which I generally don't go use. On this occasion, noticing the broken candelabra, it was borrowed briefly and returned. I expect he'll be pleased to see it used once he's checked the pictures
Posted 10 Nov 2013
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Nice work. Although the first one did make me fear for your model's Kitty Fur. Although I guess one Lady Fart, might have saved the day. Sorry, I've had a very heavy weekend. Dave
Posted 10 Nov 2013
Fork handles? :P

Very pretty actually, love number 3.

Posted 10 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Crippen, don't apologise just leave any notion of humour to one side in the future, it's not your thing. Cheese seems to be your thing?

Posted 11 Nov 2013
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Crippen
Nice work. Although the first one did make me fear for your model's Kitty Fur. Although I guess one Lady Fart, might have saved the day.
Cringeworthy
Posted 13 Nov 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
ANy closer, and those candles could have led to "saw tips".

Posted 18 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Christ there's some cretins on this site.

Humour (and for that matter, photography) have continued to progress since Benny Hill, come join us in 2013 perhaps?

Posted 19 Nov 2013
Edited by profilepictures 19 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I'd suggest the inclusion of the 'four candles' title probably instigated that style of humour in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO6EE1xTXmw
Posted 19 Nov 2013
Edited by RedChecker 19 Nov 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Four candles was intended to be light hearted yes, it's the pathetic jokes about nudity I'm fed up with. it's not even schoolboy humour of any quality.

I'm rather looking forward to some contributors to the thread offering up their work as a share excercise though, assuming they actually ever shoot anything, and assuming they've any interest in contributing rather than just being lewd like an elderly uncle at Christmas, oh, and assuming their stuff isn't bland uninteresting dross reminiscent of a well thumbed underwear section from a 1980's catalogue?

Posted 19 Nov 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
I agree that the phanar, phanar, comments are non contributory to the imagery, though by invoking the Two Ronnie's classic, you, yourself, rather took it down a notch.
I think the second image (though not actually 4 candles) is very atmospheric and interesting.

Posted 19 Nov 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
The "saw tips" / "sore tips" pun was a defining moment of the "Fork Handles" sketch.

Posted 19 Nov 2013
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Okay, so these pictures.....

I like the set up and idea of them, however I don't think the pose in the first one is overly flattering, and I'd consider having the candelabra off-centre, simply because (as others have latched onto), it does appear that she's toasting her nether regions.

Purely a matter of taste, but the candles are too white for my liking. To me, an old candelabra should have old candles, and so I'd get them to be a "dirty ivory" sort of colour. The flickering flame in the third shot is great though.

Posted 19 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join