Models this for you. Read it very carefully

Models this for you. Read it very carefully

14 posts
27 Oct 2013
Johnathons
Photographer
Johnathons
I,m sitting here in a hotel room suppose to be having a photo shoot from a casting I did last week the reason is the model basically lied that she was in the West Midlands today and didn,t have the honesty to tell me she wasn,t so now I,m sitting here waitng for 2hrs for my next model
She has cost you fellow models a paying job
All I can say is a last time I trust a model to be honest. I wouldn,t have minded if she text me this morning to say she cannot make it I could of used those 3hrs doing something else
I,m RIGHT p***ed off
I can only say sorry to local models who got turn down for the shoot

Posted 27 Oct 2013
Edited by Johnathons 27 Oct 2013
cardiff_tog2005
Photographer
cardiff_tog2..
I feel your pain ! My model for today went out out last night and now she doesn't want to do the shoot I booked her for because she has a hangover ! #bagspackedandnowheretogo :P
Posted 27 Oct 2013
Fisherface
Make Up Artist
Fisherface
Hopefully you will give them apropriate feedback so photographers stop booking flakes and work with professional models with good reputations.

Posted 28 Oct 2013
Cody
Model
Cody
Yes negative references are rarely given! So nothing is done about it

Posted 28 Oct 2013
Johnathons
Photographer
Johnathons
I did leave a negative feedback

Posted 28 Oct 2013
barone
Photographer
barone
Sorry to read this.....I didn't quite catch the models name*.

Moderator Advisory
* Naming & Shaming in open forum is not permitted.

Posted 28 Oct 2013
Edited by WebModerator 28 Oct 2013
barone
Photographer
barone
barone
Moderator Advisory
* Naming & Shaming in open forum is not permitted.

Posted 28 Oct 2013
Edited by WebModerator 28 Oct 2013
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
Just read the feedback given by the photographer...and the feedback given by the model.....this happens all the time,ive given bad feedback before only to have the model slag me off and lying about what went on..mud sticks however wrong or misplaced it is...these days i dont leave negative feedback.
Photographer says the model didnt text him what was wrong but another photographer has added a footnote to say she had a good reason not to go to the shoot....does this mean the photographer is stirring by not disclosing that the model did text him before the shoot or what.....
Posted 28 Oct 2013
Edited by xtiggerx 28 Oct 2013
Fisherface
Make Up Artist
Fisherface
xtiggerx

Just read the feedback given by the photographer...and the feedback given by the model.....this happens all the time,ive given bad feedback before only to have the model slag me off and lying about what went on..mud sticks however wrong or misplaced it is...these days i dont leave negative feedback.
Photographer says the model didnt text him what was wrong but another photographer has added a footnote to say she had a good reason not to go to the shoot....does this mean the photographer is stirring by not disclosing that the model did text him before the shoot or what.....

...and that is the problem!!  Photographers will keep booking flakey models because they know no different.  What is the point in having a feedback system?

Posted 28 Oct 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
And conversely, I witnessed a model leave feedback on a similar site for a no show, receive abuse, have the feedback ignored and further, have the photographer set up a bogus Facebook profile and threaten to visit her at home - then including her private address.

No current reference system has any validity based on smiley faces or text on site. Direct contact with previous collaborators is the best we can hope for to gain candid insight.

Posted 30 Oct 2013
Fingers crossed u dont get another rubbish model. shame your not closer. xxx
Posted 30 Oct 2013
cardiff_tog2005
Photographer
cardiff_tog2..
It's not worth the hassle to give bad feed back ! I actually made the mistake of booking an agency signed (so called) professional model. The biggest mistake and one I've learned from is she didn't give a s**t about the shoot. Money was her only motive. The tfcd models might not be as impressive and hard to come by but they make the whole process feel like a team effort.

Posted 1 Nov 2013
Astphoto
Photographer
Astphoto
I always leave negative feedback for models that mess me around (and sometimes photographers who I employ). But I don't do it here or on other amateur sites. I do it in meetings with editors, art directors and publishers. And I can honestly say that more than a few have missed out on lucrative deals because they had the right look but not the right attitude.

We need to work together.

Posted 6 Nov 2013
laylarc
Model
laylarc
Sorry, what has your flaky model got to do with me? Why do I need to "read it carefully"? I turn up for stuff. I have no control over whether other people do or not. If you're implying that your no-show this morning has made you decide not to book and pay models in the future, well that's a shame. I don't see what I'm supposed to do about it though. I can't control whether somebody turns up for work or not. Why don't you try checking references personally like we have to do every single time we shoot?

Posted 8 Nov 2013
Edited by laylarc 8 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join