who are the real terrorists ?

who are the real terrorists ?

20 posts
22 Oct 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
NSA intercept 70 million phone and text conversations in one month in France alone ! Obama forced to apologise
amnesty international officially accuse them of war crimes over drone attacks in Pakistan ! by also killing innocent men, women and children, (over 1000 civilians inc 200 children) not even an internal investigation is on the cards, while others call for an international inquiry 

is it any wonder parts of the world cannot stand them ? 
do you think they are justified in their actions in order to secure safety for their own country ?

Discuss..............

personally i believe the varoius military and government agencies are now a law unto themselves and dont give a toss about who is the commander and chief as they pull his strings, not the other way around, and what other countries think of them is irrelevant

Posted 22 Oct 2013
Edited by photostore 22 Oct 2013
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Are we being asked to discuss or instructed?

Personally I have no problem with drone strikes, air strikes, Tomahawks, Special a Forces or full invasion if it stops another 9/11 or 7/7.
I'm glad there are people prepared to make controversial and unpopular decisions to protect us.

Accepting the loud minority will always make a lot of noise while the silent majority quietly go on with their lives, but I feel safer knowing there are people prepared to protect us from harm. Yes, these strikes feed recruits to our enemies, but what is our choice?
More indiscriminate bombings, pirates, chemical weapon strikes and Sharia Law?

Posted 22 Oct 2013
Dickymint
Photographer
Dickymint
New world order..

Posted 22 Oct 2013
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
I think the real crime is that there is no longer any independent journalism in war zones so we are out of touch with the true horror of what is going on.

After the adverse publicity during the Vietnam war which portrayed the full horror of war, Western leaders - starting with Thatcher during the Falklands war - stifled independent journalism.

Journalists in recent conflicts have been cherry picked and censored to report 'positively' on recent wars such as Kuwait, Iraq and Afganistan. All our expeditionary forces are labelled 'Heroes' and all the dead civilians 'collateral damage'.

Rant over...

Posted 23 Oct 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
NATKINS

I think the real crime is that there is no longer any independent journalism in war zones so we are out of touch with the true horror of what is going on. After the adverse publicity during the Vietnam war which portrayed the full horror of war, Western leaders - starting with Thatcher during the Falklands war - stifled independent journalism.

So you think the reporting in WW I and WW II was accurate and uncontrolled?
Posted 23 Oct 2013
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
mph

So you think the reporting in WW I and WW II was accurate and uncontrolled?

No I don't - I think it was part of the propaganda machine, pretty much as it is today ...

Posted 23 Oct 2013
ATVLONDON
Photographer
ATVLONDON
Here's a bit of conspiracy theory. Did you know that the captain of one of the ships involved in the Gulf of Tonkin incident was the father of the late Doors singer Jim Morrison? It later became known that no torpedo attack had occured against US warships in that area of Vietnam. It was the justification that America needed to go into the Vietnam war.

Posted 23 Oct 2013
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
All our expeditionary forces are labelled 'Heroes' and all the dead civilians 'collateral damage'
I'm glad we have heroes to face horror and violence in our name. There'd be a lot of loud voices wanting to know what was being done if there was another 7/7.
Posted 23 Oct 2013
Danny_Bs_Photos
Photographer
Danny_Bs_Photos
I've been to Afghanistan, and I can honestly say that 99.99% of the troops out there are professional and behave with fantastic restraint every day. I do agree however that sometimes the Americans believe themselves to be above the law, and don't understand that they are making enemies everywhere.

I remember a few days after 9/11 and the US ambassador to London crying on tv, completely unable to understand why a lot of people hate Americans - they believe they can do no wrong, displaying massive levels of arrogance. All this despite having a military system full of inexperienced commanders in junior posts. And a war like Afghanistan is a junior leaders war, it isn't fought by generals moving armies around, it's fought by small groups of men and women acting separately with a common aim.

Posted 24 Oct 2013
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Anyone you disagree with is a terrorist, or potential terrorist.

Anyone you agree with is a brave, self-sacrificing, heroic freedom fighter. Brimming over with common sense.

Posted 24 Oct 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Well done Snowden I say..a hero.

35 world leaders and 200 plus known phone taps. How bored are the NSA and you can be sure GCHQ are involved up to the hilt as well. Probably mostly to gain unfair commercial advantages but they will claim its for our protection!!

But please lets not hear the ******** about protecting us from terrorist attacks. I am probably older than many on here, I remember the IRA bombs, even outside my café in St Albans but I don't recall any terrorist attacks from "Islamist terrorists" until after we had bombed and invaded Iraq?

Thank you USA for dragging us into this and thank you Tony Blair for creating a system whereby ever increasing encroachments on our freedoms and liberty was for our own good!? 911 was of course a horrendous event but history may in time compare this act to US foreign policy and their desire to police other peoples countries. To date I believe they are the only country responsible for dropping atomic weapons, using agent orange and burning the skin of children and villagers with napalm?

And more recently, what a result, hundreds of thousands of citizens murdered in Iraq and the disaster that is Afghanistan because a brainless moron could have told them that you won't achieve anything there either and historically never have. The French, the Russians and the Brits whose whole army was slaughtered by the Afghans have never had any influence and never will and even then it was to protect the "Empire" and opium and spice trade routes and keep the rich wealthy. And now after years of our guys being out there having their legs blown off for nothing, what lies are our politicians going to tell us now? Even their own President who the West like to demonise claims that nothing has been achieved but deaths from the allied occupation...so sing about that military wives, how your "heroes" have be maimed and killed for nothing. Still we can all have a coming home marching parade with flags and drums. We might even be able to march through a predominantly Muslim area just to really churn things up?

F*ck the lot of them ...
Posted 25 Oct 2013
Edited by OldMaster 25 Oct 2013
Sorry, but this issue is the biggest load of ******** ever.

What America did is what all countries do, must do and should do.

If British Intelligence had bugged the Argentinian Presidents phone, and had days before dropped an Airborne Brigade into the Falklands were invaded not one person on here would have questioned it.

What America did wrong was allow an idiot into the system, further allow him to download everything and then broadcast it to the world. The moralistic idiots have then been allowed to shout and jump about nothing.

For allowing this to become public, the US intelligence agencies should carpeted.

(Britain had the same issue about 10 years ago. I think the book was called Spy Catcher)

Anyone who is surprised that the Americans, British and Russians, Chinese, French, Italians, South African's (et al) do this is extremely naive.

The German Intelligence Services will have been doing the same things. That Chancellor Merkel is surprised at this is so disingenuous that it can't be believed by any person with enough brains to breath.

She is using this for political expediency as she should.

Posted 25 Oct 2013
She is a politician, that is her job.

Posted 25 Oct 2013
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
OldMaster

But I don't recall any terrorist attacks from "Islamist terrorists" until after we had bombed and invaded Iraq?

Must be age that is dulling your memory then.

SwissAir flight 1972 attacked by the PLP 47 dead
Munich 1972 - The Olympics and Black September 12 athletes killed
TWA Flight 1974 - Black September killed 88 passegers
Saudi Arabia 1979 - Mosque attacked - 250 killed 600 wounded or injured
Beiruit 1983 - Islamic attack on US barracks killed 380 US, French and Lebanese
Bombay 1993 - bomb attack kills 257 injures 713
Buenos Aires 1994 - Islamists attack Jewish synagogue and kill 85 and injure a further 300
Tanzania and Kenya  1998 - US embassies attacked 224 dead over 4,000 injured
Atlantic 1999 - Egypt air flight blown up by suicide bomber off US Coast killing all 217 on board 
Russia 1999 - a series of co-ordinated bombings in four cities kills 300 and injures over 1,000
October 2000 - Attack on USS Cole in Aden

and those are just the more obvious ones that are easily recalled.

Posted 25 Oct 2013
Edited by DorsetHammer 25 Oct 2013
ATVLONDON
Photographer
ATVLONDON
Blimey it's getting like Purple Port on here. I'm going back to my bunker.

Posted 25 Oct 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join