Problem with phone

Problem with phone

8 posts
15 Oct 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Any ideas boy and girls, Internet is working but phones not, Cant get ring tone or phone to my home phone, Baffling me a bit, Can't phone BT unless I do it on mobile and get stuck in what is usually a massive queue.

Posted 15 Oct 2013
twentytwenty
Photographer
twentytwenty
I think BT have just Fu""ed everything up, I have lost my e-mail accounts, BT are saying that some peoples e-mail has been compromised, According to BT they informed all the people affected who could not open their e-mail earlier today, by yes you guessed it, e-mail.

Posted 15 Oct 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
In a similar vain I forgot my password for my BT mobile internet on my Win 8 laptop so as you do click on help recover password, (not sure how it is worded but sure you know what I mean) Get a message back we have sent you an Email to tell you how to reset your password.

Posted 15 Oct 2013
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
paulford

Any ideas boy and girls, Internet is working but phones not, Cant get ring tone or phone to my home phone, Baffling me a bit, Can't phone BT unless I do it on mobile and get stuck in what is usually a massive queue.

I have the same thing except even the broadband is occasional. Tried to report it online but as soon as they start to test the line, the broadband drops out. At least its an 0800 number to report the fault.
Posted 15 Oct 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
paulford
Just go to their website and use the report fault. It works well, tests the line and if they think someone needs to visit you can book an appointment (choose slot). I have done it twice in the last year or so - once problems at box into house, once at exchange, both fixed reasonably simply.
Posted 16 Oct 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
think I have sorted it after a bit of swapping and changing seems it was the ACSL filter on phone line, put new one now working
Posted 16 Oct 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
I work for a major blue chip company who have hundreds of mobile phones/broadband  from BT, we were notified two days ago of possible outages and the various postcodes to be affected, we had the same problems you mention so it seems the average punter does not get the same heads up

Posted 16 Oct 2013
Edited by photostore 16 Oct 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
paulford
think I have sorted it after a bit of swapping and changing seems it was the ACSL filter on phone line, put new one now working
Supposed to say ADSL filter! close only one letter away.
Posted 16 Oct 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join