IMF to tax our savings?

IMF to tax our savings?

6 posts
15 Oct 2013
ATVLONDON
Photographer
ATVLONDON
I don't want to come across all conspiratorial but there seems to be a plan by the IMF to tax all bank deposits in the Eurozone for a one off 10% levy.  There is a document PDF available on the IMF website calledTaxing Times.  Someone tell me I'm over reacting.

Posted 15 Oct 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
You are not over reacting, Just remember what's theirs is theirs and what's yours is theirs. and you wont go far wrong

Posted 15 Oct 2013
Edited by paulford 15 Oct 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
ATVLONDON
I don't want to come across all conspiratorial but there seems to be a plan by the IMF to tax all bank deposits in the Eurozone for a one off 10% levy.  There is a document PDF available on the IMF website calledTaxing Times.  Someone tell me I'm over reacting.
The IMF is the International Monetary Fund it has a wide membership including the Uk and USA and (probably) all euro zone countries. The Uk still uses the £ sterling. You might have noticed that we don't use Euros, and it does not require huge intelligence to guess that the Uk is not part of the Eurozone. So your comment doesn't actually have the credibility of the stupidest conspiracy theory. There does seem the faintest similarity between this story and what happened in Cyprus. Luckily that nice Mister Brown wouldn't let nasty Mr Blair take us into the Euro, so you only need to worry about the decline in your savings due to mismanagement by the current government which has probably been greater than 10% if you have them in a bank or building society.
Posted 16 Oct 2013
Edited by stolenfaces 15 Oct 2013
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
Well they'll get 10% of nothing from me seen as I haven't got anything. Not so daft after all
Posted 16 Oct 2013
ATVLONDON
Photographer
ATVLONDON
stolenfaces

The IMF is the International Monetary Fund it has a wide membership including the Uk and USA and (probably) all euro zone countries. The Uk still uses the £ sterling. You might have noticed that we don't use Euros, and it does not require huge intelligence to guess that the Uk is not part of the Eurozone. So your comment doesn't actually have the credibility of the stupidest conspiracy theory. There does seem the faintest similarity between this story and what happened in Cyprus. Luckily that nice Mister Brown wouldn't let nasty Mr Blair take us into the Euro, so you only need to worry about the decline in your savings due to mismanagement by the current government which has probably been greater than 10% if you have them in a bank or building society.

Well let's hope you're right.  I mean I'm no expert on anything financial, but let's face it we are being ruled by cheats and liars, and if you believe anything they tell you...
Posted 16 Oct 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
stolenfaces

.................. so you only need to worry about the decline in your savings due to mismanagement by the current government .

surprisesurprisesurprise
Posted 16 Oct 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join