Has anyone had a worse month than me

Has anyone had a worse month than me

21 posts
29 Sep 2013
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer
IRONBLOKEMAN
Early September I go into hospital for removal of my appendix.Wait over 12 hours for the operation by which time it has burst.Nearly kills me. Come back home,a few days later my car is vandalised with grey primer,white paint and other assorted detrius.A message is left on my bonnet and rear windsreen saying "cee you next Thursday".You can all work that four letter word out. Only benefit I am a lot slimmer But I cant photograph just yet.Its still painful
Posted 29 Sep 2013
EdT
Photographer
EdT
I don't know about one month, but in one year:

Car broke down, irreparable - bought another
Right retina tears and starts to detach ... vitrectomy
Problems with second car
Left retina tears and starts to detach ... vitrectomy
Father dies
Second car broke down, irreparable - bought another
Mother dies
Operation on ankle, unable to walk for 4 months

Posted 29 Sep 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
IRONBLOKEMAN
Early September I go into hospital for removal of my appendix.Wait over 12 hours for the operation by which time it has burst.Nearly kills me. Come back home,a few days later my car is vandalised with grey primer,white paint and other assorted detrius.A message is left on my bonnet and rear windsreen saying "cee you next Thursday".You can all work that four letter word out. Only benefit I am a lot slimmer But I cant photograph just yet.Its still painful
Blimey what part of a Telford do you live in?
Posted 29 Sep 2013
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer
IRONBLOKEMAN
The beautiful town of Ironbridge

Posted 29 Sep 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
IRONBLOKEMAN
been there. it's quite nice so I'm surprised to hear about the vandalism.
Posted 29 Sep 2013
BOBREEVES
Photographer
BOBREEVES
IRONBLOKEMAN
There is a wonderful pie shop just over the bridge... best pork pies I've ever had
Posted 29 Sep 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
IRONBLOKEMAN
my car is vandalised with grey primer,white paint and other assorted detrius.A message is left on my bonnet and rear windsreen saying "cee you next Thursday".
So was this a random attack or a personal one, and if the latter, what provoked it?
Posted 29 Sep 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonke..
IRONBLOKEMAN

Things can only get better. Have you upset somebody? Sounds to me like somebody with a grievance rather than simple vandalism. Did you upset a model?!?!

Posted 29 Sep 2013
Graham_P
Photographer
Graham_P
And there in my innocence thinking the model you were shooting next thursday was just writing to confirm it !
Posted 29 Sep 2013
Spike
Photographer
Spike
To quote Richard Bach "Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't."

You're still here & fighting, the ones who had a worse month aren't & can't comment.

Posted 29 Sep 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
IRONBLOKEMAN
Come back home,a few days later my car is vandalised with grey primer,white paint and other assorted detrius.A message is left on my bonnet and rear windsreen saying "cee you next Thursday".You can all work that four letter word out.
Was it a chaperone?
Posted 30 Sep 2013
clarmike
Photographer
clarmike
Poor Ironblokeman and Edt , my heart goes out to you. Some people are under the illusion that success and money are the the most important things in life, they are wrong. The only really important thing is good health and the moment illness or tragedy takes place then we realize that we have not appreciated fully how lucky we have been up to then. I wish you both speedy recovery and do take time to get over the trauma before rushing headlong back into the maelstrom of modern living. Take time out to relax and recover. Good luck to both of you.

Posted 30 Sep 2013
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer
IRONBLOKEMAN
Thanks for the comments folks both personal and humerous.I really do enjoy being alive now.
There is a niggle in my mind that it was personal.Cars parked next to mine were not touched.A friend's chip shop was covered in racist graffiti the same night.

Posted 30 Sep 2013
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
this yr has been shit shit shit !!!!!

car crash
house broke into and robbed
my granddad died suddenly (day of funeral was day I got robbed)
scooter vandalised

so yeah ive ad a few bad months

Posted 30 Sep 2013
Well said spike

Posted 30 Sep 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join