Time for a review please

Time for a review please

8 posts
22 Sep 2013
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Just wanting to know what should stay and what should go.
Bearing in mind I only do TF* shoots, what would make you keep away from me and what would think of giving me a shot?
Mainly wanting models critique, but happy for photographers to comment also.

Posted 22 Sep 2013
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Is it not even worthy of a reply?
I must rethink my working then lol.

Posted 23 Sep 2013
MattButlerPhoto
Photographer
MattButlerPh..
I think all your photos are really inspired. If i wanted to balance it out id say that some if your photos are amazing and perhaps the average ones some what drag the points score of the port from a 8/9 down to a 7 out of 10.

Particularly a fan if the art nude really good section.

Posted 23 Sep 2013
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Thanks Matt.
Which ones do you think drag it down?
Sometimes less is more, so if I remove the average ones, then maybe my score would go up a notch.

Posted 23 Sep 2013
Edited by Sarge 23 Sep 2013
1884photo
Photographer
1884photo
Very good selection of shots, nicely balanced it think, my missus likes the shots with 'hunkyluke' i think these should be taken off immediately
Posted 23 Sep 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Over all I think it's a good port, opinion might in the end just be about taste/likes.

The wet shots strangely look like they might have been done post production, which takes the edge off slightly. The one with the film boarder a bit random and doesn't need it. I'm not a big fan of blown highlights but appreciate some like it. Your outdoor photos models/shots sd1979 and tori1990 the light is stronger on the body than the face and possibly need a more even balance. Not sure the domestic violence is a great port addition?

I like the body parts Hunkyluke through to Pompom, over exposure through headshots again, like it/not so like it? Lingerie is ok Christinala66 photos look great. Perhaps too many pictures are stylised, sometimes keeping a uniformed style through a range of images helps people identify what it is you do and what they can expect!

The Miscellaneous is ok, I think the studio looks less inviting than you might realise and the conceptual images look like they need to be more dynamic, more three dimensional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_KWLFjJ7qI

I think the Performance/stage section for me is the stronger section with some powerful images.

I fully understand what's involved with doing TFP only and I know that it will bring you an eclectic mix of models but here on PS I think only the best of the best should be profiled.

I think you are better than your profile implies, I think you should do more outdoor work, upgrade to Gold so you can showcase a bigger range of images, play with post production filters less or have more solid well produced images that appeal to models looking to showcase their own style on line. Its often a slight compromise but might bring you more connections with better models.

Don't underestimate too the power of your own website where you have total control, the likes of PS MH PP are then just gateways to the full story!

Dominic

Posted 24 Sep 2013
Edited by dominicdgt 24 Sep 2013
kingnorman13NK
Photographer
kingnorman13..
If you want a critique of your images I'm not sure why you would direct your request at models specifically?
Not that they would not have valid comments to make, but it would seem more logical for photographers to comment wouldn't it?

Without being specific I would suggest you have too much repetition going on, and I'd pay more attention to composition and cropping.

Posted 24 Sep 2013
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
All valid points and appreciated.

The wet ones are not done post production, they were done in my shed/studio. I created a rain machine (seen it on Blue Peter once, jk).

I asked for models to critique as its them who I want to look at my portfolio and say 'yes, I would like to work with him on a TF basis as he could bring something to my own port'.

The problem is I don't do as many shoots as I would like to do due to shift work and arranging models etc, but hope to do some more to make it more varied.
I guess I am a jack or all trades, but master of none, but I don't really mind this as I want to be varied as this is what I enjoy rather than a production line style of photography.
I actually have quite a few great (but strange sounding) ideas that I know I can pull off, but need the models to be willing to listen to them and help me achieve them.
Watch this space...

Posted 24 Sep 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join