TF contract or not?

TF contract or not?

13 posts
20 Sep 2013
ChazPhotos
Photographer
ChazPhotos
Hi when doing Time For do you have a contract or just go by trust?

Posted 20 Sep 2013
M1KE
Photographer
M1KE
Quick answer: No contract.

Longer answer: What elements of the shoot are you looking to protect with your paper work? Reimbursement of your looses should the model no show or protection against the selling of your images to the mythical owner of a phantom publication for thousands of Monopoly £'s?

Posted 20 Sep 2013
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
If I cant put my trust in someone, I wont shoot

Simple as that.

Ian

Posted 20 Sep 2013
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Trust..

Posted 20 Sep 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Come on, you pissed ?

Posted 20 Sep 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Assuming that you have an agreement and consideration (modelling time and whatever the TF is) that is not illegal and both parties have the capacity to agree; you have a contract

Posted 20 Sep 2013
ScottishGeek
Photographer
ScottishGeek
stolenfaces
Assuming that you have an agreement and consideration (modelling time and whatever the TF is) that is not illegal and both parties have the capacity to agree; you have a contract
+1 Although one that is likely to cost more than it's worth to enforce if things go wrong. Trust that the contract will be fulfilled is therefore very important.
Posted 21 Sep 2013
Edited by ScottishGeek 21 Sep 2013
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Contract, all sessions I undertake have terms and conditions therefore a contract exists between me and the client.

Even if I didn't have terms and conditions there is the expectation of performance and rendered services so a contract is in force regardless. Even an e-mail agreeing to turn up and provide a service is seen as a binding contract under UK law.

Posted 21 Sep 2013
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Silly question.

You mean: written contract or verbal contract.

Posted 22 Sep 2013
gedimage
Photographer
gedimage
If two people are not known to each other then safer to have a contract as you both have a reason for agreeing to shoot in the first place i dont do any image unless i can show it off myself . The model is going to want it good enough to show so she has a use so theirfore contract required
its not if the model or photographer gets paid but the use. You both wanted credited so to me any shoot should have paperwork without exception also after checking idea its another form of age

Posted 22 Sep 2013
ChazPhotos
Photographer
ChazPhotos

Well that brought in a mix of reply's.

Not sure why some thought it was an inane question, when you're taking photos for free and giving them away to someone who, might have reason for them apart from just a portfolio..

If a model sold the photos, and you found out, after doing a Time For, what would you do?
After all the copyright is yours, not the models.

Posted 23 Sep 2013
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
You are getting into a different area now though as this is copyright infringement.
I think that a TF shoot is a verbal contract that you both agree to give each others time up for photos that you both can use.
Unless the photographer also gives away their right of ownership then the model should not be able to sell the images on, but could use them to promote themselves.
When money exchanges hands (between anyone including a third party) then its getting into a different ball park.

Posted 23 Sep 2013
kgp
Photographer
kgp
gedimage

If two people are not known to each other then safer to have a contract as you both have a reason for agreeing to shoot in the first place i dont do any image unless i can show it off myself . The model is going to want it good enough to show so she has a use so theirfore contract required its not if the model or photographer gets paid but the use. You both wanted credited so to me any shoot should have paperwork without exception also after checking idea its another form of age

Every time
Posted 25 Sep 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join