What is the best way to get noticed or start off your modelling?

What is the best way to get noticed or start off your modelling?

7 posts
13 Sep 2013
Ryan_JM
Model
Ryan_JM
I'm still fairly new too modelling, I've only done 2 shoots, with the promise of more but the photographers never got back to me about doing a photoshoot (whether it new photographers or photographers), so I would like to know what the best way to get noticed/started is? Thankyou
Posted 13 Sep 2013
Better portfolio pics ... I think beings guy is harder so you need to really have a portfolio that stands out

Posted 13 Sep 2013
Ryan_JM
Model
Ryan_JM
Didn't really get many pictures from my shoots and I feel these on my profile were the best I had, which kind of sucks to be fair lol

Posted 13 Sep 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Have a look in the events section, see if there are any network meets in the area, then go along to them, meet photographers, etc.....

Get active on the forum.
Have a look of FaceBook for model and photography groups and join them and be active in them without spamming.

Posted 13 Sep 2013
alice_g
Model
alice_g
An eyecatching portfolio that will make entice people. Get some references. Personally I'd change the main pic as the eyebrows are quite distracting. Have a chat with joel hicks on here. He's a successful male model and very lovely good luck sweetie
Posted 14 Sep 2013
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
You need to show you can model so far all I see is someone in front of a camera. Comes with more experience so work on owning your image.

Posted 14 Sep 2013
Ryan_JM
Model
Ryan_JM
Thankyou Gerry will do, and surely Id need to do shoots to get references? and can't seem to get them yet lol, but Ive emailed joel, thankyou Alice (any suggestions to which picture to use as my main image then?) And thankyou Frank, I will try
Posted 16 Sep 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join