Getting Married!

Getting Married!

11 posts
12 Sep 2013
Hello all!

Well my boyfriend finally proposed to me 2 weeks ago after being with him for 4 and a half years. 

Now I am not originally from Leeds, so I would like to know of some nice wedding venues in the West Yorkshire Region, I love manor houses and country hotels and that is what I want a a venue but need some ideas.

Ideas so far -

* Weetwood Hall
* Nostell Priory
* Healds Hall 

I am having a visit to all of the above! We did get a quote from the Mansion at Roundhay but it was rather expensive!!

Thanks guys cheeky
Posted 12 Sep 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Would think Nostell Priory would be rather expensive too, although the gardens would be fantastic for the photo's.

Posted 12 Sep 2013
paulford

Would think Nostell Priory would be rather expensive too, although the gardens would be fantastic for the photo's.

I had  a look at the email the guy sent its not anywhere near as expensive as Roundhay, think its like £250 for the room the size we need but the food prices are higher than weetwood but going to see it on the 21st and see what its like
Posted 12 Sep 2013
Aww congratulations Hazel - if you want anybody to talk "wedding planning" with then feel free to throw me messages. I've been trying NOT to bore the shit out of everybody with wedding talk so would be nice to have a fellow bride to chatter options to xx
Posted 12 Sep 2013
Chrissie_Red

Aww congratulations Hazel - if you want anybody to talk "wedding planning" with then feel free to throw me messages. I've been trying NOT to bore the shit out of everybody with wedding talk so would be nice to have a fellow bride to chatter options to xx

Haha tell me about it! Its not for like 2 years but the planning has started, when is your wedding?

Me, my sister and Mum are off Wedding Dress shopping tomorrow laugh

Posted 13 Sep 2013
Hi, Hazel! Congrats on the proposal. I got married in May. We looked at Nostell Priory, The Mansion and Allerton Castle they are all part of the Dine group. The girl from Nostell Priory was lovely, when we went for our meeting. But in the end we went with Allerton Castle. The wedding cost my Mum and Dad the best part of 20K and the service from them was shocking. After our inital meeting it went down hill from there. They even put up scaffolding 2 weeks before our wedding! Over the whole castle it looked awful all the guests comented on it. Nostell Priory seemed much nicer and were about 10K cheaper. I really wish we had gone for that venue. So even though I didnt get married there I can vouch that their customer serice was far better than Allerton Castles and The Mansion.

Posted 13 Sep 2013
reserva89
Photographer
reserva89
Congratulations Hazel!

Posted 13 Sep 2013
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingTo..
Big congrats Hazel! Unfortunately, I haven't been up to any of those places so I cant comment on them - but I did get married about 2 months ago
Posted 13 Sep 2013
Thanks all!!

Samantha, that is a crazy amount of money, me and Chris are going to be paying our own way and we did look at Allerton Castle prices and saw them and were like ... erm no way to expensive lol! Nostell should be interesting to visit and The Mansions prices are way to much too.

We are looking at Waterton Park Hotel at present, it'll look lovely in snow or sun!

Posted 13 Sep 2013
iparker
Photographer
iparker
Many Congratulations Hazel.
Devonshire Arms in the Yorkshire Dales would get my recommendation.

Posted 14 Sep 2013
Hi Hazel, Yeah the lady at Nostell Priory was lovely. I hope you get something sorted If you need any help pm me x
Posted 14 Sep 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join