Purestorm Updates

Purestorm Updates

23 posts
8 Sep 2013
matt
Photographer
matt
Hello all, hope you all had a good weekend

In the first of a series of updates I'm planning for Purestorm I will shortly be updating the image upload page. The main improvement here is that you can now upload a number of images at the same time (10)  rather than just 1 which can be quite cumbersome.
Although it's not live yet you can test it for yourself here:-

http://www.purestorm.com/upload.aspx

Make sure you're logged in though.

Feel free to post any feedback you have on this thread

Thanks
Matt

Posted 8 Sep 2013
Edited by WebModerator 8 Sep 2013
Excellent, I like the sound of this.

Posted 8 Sep 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Sounds great, I just have to get me some shoots to try it out
Posted 8 Sep 2013
simon_wren
Photographer
simon_wren
A definate plus point Matt. Not tried the Beta version on your link, but as a mod on a motorcycle website I do know the benefits of multiple uploads.
Posted 8 Sep 2013
Edited by simon_wren 8 Sep 2013
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Who uploads that Many images?......Change the front page images on show.  It needs to show how dynamic the site is.  If we see the same images and threads for days on end, we assume it's stale.  Maybe the lady at No 43 needs a wake-up?

You have a NSFW option.....if members misuse it, stop them from being shown,,,,,,,,otherwise, let people see what is being posted.

Posted 8 Sep 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
GSC4X

Who uploads that Many images?......Change the front page images on show.  It needs to show how dynamic the site is.  If we see the same images and threads for days on end, we assume it's stale.  Maybe the lady at No 43 needs a wake-up?

You have a NSFW option.....if members misuse it, stop them from being shown,,,,,,,,otherwise, let people see what is being posted.

I agree with you that members would seldom want to load as many as 10 images at a time. Maybe 4 or 5 max?

However, I do not agree with you that seeing the same set of images rotating for three days shows the site is stale. Do you remember the old days when images of one model would be on the front page of Purestorm for months on end?! I remember Vicki Taverner was one. Whatever happened to Vicki? 

I agree with you that the Forums seem fairly lifeless these days. Still that has to be better than the old days, when if I was brave enough to post anything, I would get set upon by a pack of trolls trying to wind me up. I ended up avoiding the Forums like the plague. Maybe they have found happier hunting grounds? 
Posted 9 Sep 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
There are a "couple" on the other site that have over a 1000 images on their profile of flat lit unimaginative glamour - and I am commenting on the quality as I do actually like glamour.

They would love the ability of adding 10 pictures at the same time but I am not sure many of us would be happy to witness them doing that.

Redchecker I remember was always saying how he admired their work and couldn't wait to see them on the recent image uploads until they spoiled it by creating a block profile facility

Posted 9 Sep 2013
matt
Photographer
matt
carshaltonkev

I remember Vicki Taverner was one. Whatever happened to Vicki? 

Who could forget Vicki. That's going back a few years now

Posted 9 Sep 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Gerry99111
Redchecker I remember was always saying how he admired their work and couldn't wait to see them on the recent image uploads until they spoiled it by creating a block profile facility
One of them got to around 1270 images IIRC, all seemingly 2x 45° umbrella setups, and the same dozen models over and over and over again, just with different lingerie or bedspreads (sad thing is as well, is that judging by the guy's EXIF data he'd spent the best part of around £8000 on his camera to produce that mediocre crap) Sadly, any attempt to ask for a method of blocking this (& other crap reminiscent of NM at its finest) from the image feed on our own login only ended up with me getting a metaphorical gang rape on the forums, instigated by one or two usual trouble makers. Apparently it is only fair to allow shitty photographers (& models) to be allowed to force their crap down our throats. Thankfully they did eventually allow blocking, needless to say I spent the next few days blocking all the members known to produce shitty images on there.
Posted 9 Sep 2013
Edited by RedChecker 9 Sep 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
GSC4X
Who uploads that Many images?
I uploaded about 20 images yesterday morning (before this announcement) from various shoots, having not updated my profile with new images for about a year or so on here. Often I'll save up editing for shoots for a few months and occastionally edit them in large blocks (if I've got time off work for example).
Posted 9 Sep 2013
twentytwenty
Photographer
twentytwenty
No, I can see that's going to prove helpful, when people sign up oh here, and you need to upload to create your portfolio, its also going to help Models coming off tour with loads of new images to add to their port.

Posted 9 Sep 2013
GSC4X

Who uploads that Many images?......

Exactly !!!!! I hope Matt is going to fully explain how he came to such a ridiculous figure, did he do the intense Market Research such a change warrants, Matt we demand an explanation and please show your workings out in the margin GRRRRRRRR

Why does it matter to anyone unless the number is LESS than the number you want to upload 

I get the impression that the Right Honourable Member who is making so much noise about change only wants the changes he wants!!!!
Posted 9 Sep 2013
Amber6
Model
Amber6
I often tend to do my portfolio updating in several big goes (as opposed to the occasional image here and there). Not how I choose to do it, but seems to inevitably happen that way. So I've always liked it, and used this function on other sites

Posted 9 Sep 2013
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Hi,

Being able to upload multi-images is helpful BUT is there anything more dull than sitting down and re-sizing images for all these sites? - Which all have different size prescriptions! For me its a major disincentive to post much. Can the image size limits be relaxed?

There has been 'Forum-Talk' about a site make-over etc in relation to a certain other site. Maybe it is time? Does the current display look 'blocky' What is the 'look and feel' from the female model's perspective? Could some artistic female insight give the site a new 'zeitgeist' ?

All the best!

Moderator Input
Purestorm will automatically downsize images (under 6Mb) for those unable to do so
proportionally to <895px wide and/or <760pix height but image compression may result

Updated

matt

If you use the new images uploader that I recently added it will accept 900 without resizing

Posted 11 Sep 2013
Edited by WebModerator 13 Sep 2013
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
clearview_photography

Exactly !!!!! I hope Matt is going to fully explain how he came to such a ridiculous figure, did he do the intense Market Research such a change warrants, Matt we demand an explanation and please show your workings out in the margin GRRRRRRRR

Why does it matter to anyone unless the number is LESS than the number you want to upload 

I get the impression that the Right Honourable Member who is making so much noise about change only wants the changes he wants!!!!

Will you object if I think you totally missed the point?
Posted 11 Sep 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join