New Pics (+ need to delete some!)

New Pics (+ need to delete some!)

8 posts
8 Sep 2013
River
Model
River
I'm having a portfolio re-vamp and I need to know what works and what doesnt. I'm hoping to do more shoots over the next few months as I am not on placement so need to delete some things and know what I need to add. General feedback please!
Thanks all!
Posted 8 Sep 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonke..
I really love the pics you have added recently taken by AspiringCecil. The recent pic entitled "Wool" is not as good and your smile looks wrong (forced?) to me. Can I suggest you arrange another shoot or two with AspiringCecil, because he is doing such a great job at capturing your beauty.

The lingerie pic is quite brave for River, but you look fantastic in it.

Posted 8 Sep 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonke..
PS. You have some truely fantastic pics in your profile that should never be deleted.

However- IMHO I think you should get rid of-

1. "New Brunette Hair". Average photo and you are now back to blonde. So should be culled asap..
2. "Eyes". Does not do it for me. Over processed.
3. "Blue toned" - the weakest of those remaining.

All the others I think have a lot of merit and some are fantastic.

I hope this helps and I hope you get more feedback rather than just me!

Posted 8 Sep 2013
This one could go: http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1097730&u=River Only because this one: http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1097731&u=River which appears to be from the same set/shoot is the nicer one of the two.
Posted 8 Sep 2013
River
Model
River
Thank you both for your advice I agree with deleting the ones mentioned...I've got too many portraits!
Posted 9 Sep 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonke..
River

Thank you both for your advice I agree with deleting the ones mentioned...I've got too many portraits!

True! Too many portraits and all pics taken of your "best" side. Apart from Polka Dot which is not a portrait. Nothing much wrong with your other side?!

I am not saying all your pics look the same, but there is not really a huge amount of variety. This might be because you are choosing the pics that you like?

Shame you only got two people commenting. I would expect more! Maybe this site really has declined?

Posted 9 Sep 2013
gazhilla
Photographer
gazhilla
Apart from the ones mentioned, the Edd Firm shots are a bit weak ( normally love Ed's work ) compared to the rest. More of your main image type shots and the stuff you did with Vic ( beachview) .
Yours is one of one of those ports that leaves me feeling there is so much more.

Posted 16 Sep 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Hi River, I am going to have a go at what is missing - it is all summed up in one picture, the Cathedral one.

It is full length and has an interesting background.

You have a lot of half length and 3/4 length pictures against plain backgrounds, many of which look like a studio of some sorts but there is a whole market out there for people who prefer shooting on location and using a bit of creativity. Seeing mainly studio shots would give me a concern that you did not like location work.

You may not wish to hear that as the weather is getting colder though!

Posted 16 Sep 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join