fair hair and chlorine

fair hair and chlorine

5 posts
3 Jan 2008
Amber6
Model
Amber6
I'm shooting abroad in Lanzarote this January (yay!), and part of the shoot is underwater in a swimming pool.  Because of this, I will need to have my hair down, and I'm really worried about damaging it, as I'm blonde and chlorine is like death to blonde hair.  My hair has not been exposed to chlorine after several woeful incidents in my childhood - including it turning greeny blonde when I was six.
Can anyone advise me on precautions I can take, like a protective shampoo or aftercare?
Posted 3 Jan 2008
boots do a swimwear hair care range which is designed for people who go swimming alot, that should help protect. Stick some leave in conditioner in before you get in the water to protect your hair. If the chlorine gives it a greenish tint, Tomato ketchup is THE best thing to put your hair back to normal

Hope you're good chick x
Posted 3 Jan 2008
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Thanks Raych.  Didn't know the leave-conditioner trick.  Better than my very 'clever' previous idea of, 'oh, I know, I'll just ask him not to put chlorine in the pool.', which I somehow doubt would have happened!
Yeah, I'm good, regretting being such a little piggy over the holidays though!
Posted 3 Jan 2008
AmandaG
Model
AmandaG
hey amber, im a hair stylist too so i know that a lot of shampoo's claim to remove chlorine from your hair but most dont, one range that actually works 100% is loreal solar they do a whole range including shampoo conditioner and treatment mask, and also a leave in spray to protect your hair from damage, another good tip is if you find your hair turning a greeny blond wash it in tomato ketchup (sounds crazy but it actually does work) lol
hope this helps xxx
Posted 16 Jan 2008

When I go on holiday I apply John Frieda Sheer Blonde hair oil. It's discontinued in shops but you can still get it from internet auction sites. It makes your hair really silky and prevents chlorine affecting it.

Posted 18 Jan 2008
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join