Burn baby burn ... torch them all

Burn baby burn ... torch them all

14 posts
28 Aug 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
I have been wondering - let's say I have billions of pounds like some people in our world generally probably have.

I could then buy a few works of art, maybe by Rembrant / Titian / Picasso / Monet / Turner etc - major works, nothing trivial.

Could I then literally pile them up on my front lawn, crayon on them, pour lighter fluid on them and destroy them for-ever ?  Maybe do a video of it for you-tube ?

I understand that you can't destroy bank notes but works of art ?

Would there be any-thing to stop me ???

Posted 28 Aug 2013
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
SandyCamel
Would there be any-thing to stop me ???
Probably just a mob of pitchfork wielding, angry art fans.
Posted 28 Aug 2013
markeewould
Photographer
markeewould
remember the KLF........ google what they did .....

Posted 28 Aug 2013
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Do you start these threads before or after your meds?

Posted 28 Aug 2013
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
HMansfield

Probably just a mob of pitchfork wielding, angry art fans.

But wouldn't the act of creating art from destroying art put all the art snobs in a perpetual loop of not knowing wether to be amazed or disgusted, just going on and on until they die?

Sounds like a plan!
Posted 28 Aug 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
PeterH
But wouldn't the act of creating art from destroying art put all the art snobs in a perpetual loop of not knowing wether to be amazed or disgusted, just going on and on until they die? Sounds like a plan!
Sort of the emperor's new ashes?
Posted 29 Aug 2013
Edited by mph 29 Aug 2013
jpv
Photographer
jpv
No there is nothing to stop you. The classic example is the picture commissioned by the Houses of Parliament of Winston Churchill. After it was presented to him his wife (who hated it, as he did) took it home and burned it.
Posted 29 Aug 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
SandyCamel
I have been wondering - let's say I have billions of pounds like some people in our world generally probably have. I could then buy a few works of art, maybe by Rembrant / Titian / Picasso / Monet / Turner etc - major works, nothing trivial. Could I then literally pile them up on my front lawn, crayon on them, pour lighter fluid on them and destroy them for-ever ?  Maybe do a video of it for you-tube ? I understand that you can't destroy bank notes but works of art ? Would there be any-thing to stop me ???
And with your billions you could visit the best psychiatrists money can buy.
Posted 29 Aug 2013
shapeman
Photographer
shapeman
There is no Law to stop you

Posted 29 Aug 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
markeewould

remember the KLF........ google what they did .....

Aha !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_Foundation_Burn_a_Million_Quid

Was it art lol !  (As also kind of mentioned previously by Peter H interestingly !). 

That must be the answer to my question then - burning money is illegal but it seems not art -works if you own them.  That is probably why the KLF destroyed any evidence of their deed for fear of prosecution lol !

Posted 29 Aug 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
jpv

No there is nothing to stop you. The classic example is the picture commissioned by the Houses of Parliament of Winston Churchill. After it was presented to him his wife (who hated it, as he did) took it home and burned it.

Oh, I missed this comment - yep, that's the answer then.

Thanks every-one !!!

Posted 29 Aug 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
If it's a Rembrandt, then I will stop you... somehow!!

Posted 29 Aug 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Lisaliz

If it's a Rembrandt, then I will stop you... somehow!!

Well, I have just googled him and he did do one or two okay ones - you wouldn't mind if I burnt this one though would you lol !

Posted 29 Aug 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
SandyCamel

Well, I have just googled him and he did do one or two okay ones - you wouldn't mind if I burnt this one though would you lol !

Hahahaha!
Posted 29 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join