Bad drivers every-where but which car makes stand out ?

Bad drivers every-where but which car makes stand out ?

71 posts
22 Aug 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
I know you can't generalize, but hey, just for the moment, why not ?

Presently, in my personal opinion / experience, if I see the following two car makes in my car mirror I just abandon hope.

They inevitably either come so close to my car boot that they might as well be occupying the same road space, or they over-take way over the speed limit, so I slow down during the process to allow them their little ego-trip. Tire-some but it's defensive driving don't you know.

The prize goes to:

1st Place:  Audi

2nd Place:  Volkswagen

Congratulations, and please go away and have an accident away from me.

Any-one else notice that particular makes of car seem to have a disproportionate number of bad drivers ???

Oh, and I know it's sad, but I am thinking about mounting a video camera on my dash-board to record the terrible driving I see and putting it on You-Tube - minus the number plates of course. I don't even drive that much lol !  Would this be okay ???

Posted 22 Aug 2013
seanb
Photographer
seanb
Volvo drivers used to be pretty bad - I don't know if it was a false sense of security from being in cars that were supposed to be safer than most.

But in my experience the worst drivers are usually taxi drivers, regardless of the make of car.

Posted 22 Aug 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Since using my old '59 Consul as a daily since the start of the year, I seem to have noticed young drivers want to drive and take videos or pictures of my car.

Generally driving Corsas, Clios, and Seats they pull up beside me ignoring the road and seem to watch the phone screens. I've slowed down significantly several times to get out their way

Posted 22 Aug 2013
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Not so much bad driving, as FAST, - those white vans! I want a car THAT fast!!!

Posted 22 Aug 2013
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
SandyCamel

I am thinking about mounting a video camera on my dash-board to record the terrible driving I see and putting it on You-Tube - minus the number plates of course. 

Why minus the number plates? Idiots should be recognised and shamed!

Posted 22 Aug 2013
Flash
Photographer
Flash
SMILESPHOTO

Why minus the number plates? Idiots should be recognised and shamed!

+1 cheeky

Posted 22 Aug 2013
tme
Photographer
tme
General consensus is Drivers of German cars vans, that = 60% of the folks on the road.
Trev

Posted 22 Aug 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
http://cars.aol.co.uk/2013/08/22/41-per-cent-of-motorists-think-bmw-drivers-are-the-biggest-jerk/

Posted 22 Aug 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
BMW drivers are the worst. Speed freaks out to kill people.

SUV drivers are in 2nd place.

Posted 22 Aug 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Audi is the outstanding make for terrible driving - it's really has become noticeable over the last couple of years

Posted 22 Aug 2013
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Taxi cabs.

Posted 22 Aug 2013
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Audi = thugmobile having stolen most of BMW's clients.

SandyCamel, you are an arch agent provocateur and your threads are very entertaining. There'll be some bile vented here!

GerryQuiff, don't be shy. It could well be you they're videoing, not the car!

Posted 22 Aug 2013
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
HowardJ

BMW drivers are the worst. Speed freaks out to kill people. SUV drivers are in 2nd place.

Maybe your right: I was driving my BMW casualy down the A120, yes I was speeding (90ish) but I was the only one in the outside lane causing no threat or danger to the lorries I was passing until this little runt was within 3 or 4 feet of my rear view mirror and gesticulating that I should pull over. I had no intention of pulling between 2 artics. so he had to stay behind me, If I didn't have my baby son in the car I would of slammed on the brakes and got the rust on my boot sorted free of charge, possibly a whiplash bonus and one less prick off the road to boot.

Personally I hate all vehicle owners who show no courtesy to other drivers
Posted 22 Aug 2013
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
oceanova

Maybe your right: I was driving my BMW casualy down the A120, yes I was speeding (90ish) but I was the only one in the outside lane causing no threat or danger to the lorries I was passing until this little runt was within 3 or 4 feet of my rear view mirror and gesticulating that I should pull over. I had no intention of pulling between 2 artics. so he had to stay behind me, If I didn't have my baby son in the car I would of slammed on the brakes and got the rust on my boot sorted free of charge, possibly a whiplash bonus and one less prick off the road to boot.

Personally I hate all vehicle owners who show no courtesy to other drivers

What happened to the maximum 70 speed limit and with your young son on board. That seems to be totally reckless and irresponsible. Anyone breaking the speed limit should have their licence taken off them for life. This applies to morons using hand held phones who should also have their cars confiscated.

Posted 22 Aug 2013
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Studio1

What happened to the maximum 70 speed limit and with your young son on board. That seems to be totally reckless and irresponsible. Anyone breaking the speed limit should have their licence taken off them for life. This applies to morons using hand held phones who should also have their cars confiscated.

I was waiting for a white knight to mount his steed and try to crucify me.
  1. The 70 mph speed limit was introduced in 1965, cars have evolved a lot since then if you was unaware. Dampening / Traction control, vented disc brakes, abs breaking systems.
  2. Stats say we have ony of the highest death rates in europe, yet we are still using archaic speed limits, it's funny how France Belgium and germany have lower death rates yet higher speed limits. They tried to up the limit a short while back
  3. I don't give a toss about your view of how I drive, I know I drive safely, I know I am courteous to other drivers around me and I also  know driving a luxury BMW I am protected by Multi point airbags and the fact that my car is built like a Panzer.
  4. You want me and the rest of the internet to believe you have never ever sped over a limit, my you are truly whiter than white, you shall surely go to heaven. 

Posted 22 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join