Togs pic too!!

55 posts
21 Aug 2013
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope your all well!? I feel I should write this up as many people mainly models have spoke about this to me and maybe it could help. Iv been modelling for three years and so im used to going on by the photographers word and references and beautiful images they show me for me to feel I have every trust into working with them. Some models however have bought this conversation up many times of.. "why cant we see a photo of the photographer".? Now some photographers will say just ask me and were happy to show a pic of who and what we are ,but many have been offended..I dont know why!! So what Im asking do you think its fair a model asks for a photo to see who they are working with beforehand? I think and know this is why many models get nervous and last minute pull out of doing a shoot. I mean hey its a relief when you actually meet your tog get on well and get home safe and in one . After all a tog judges who he works with every day by looking at the models photos.
Posted 21 Aug 2013
Harpy_images
Photographer
Harpy_images
Whut?

Why the hell does what the phhotographer looks like matter when deciding to work with them?
I mean, do you expect models to get the photo by mail, open it, look and say "oh no, no no no, I cant work with that photographer, he looks a bit rapey" or perhaps "omg, look at that beard, everyone knows men with beards like to cop a feel on the sly"

Seriously?

Posted 21 Aug 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
What a pathetic suggestion.

Do you hire plumbers based on their looks?

Do you treat a policeman differently because of their looks?

Do you not get on a bus because of how the driver looks?

Posted 21 Aug 2013
Sacredo
Photographer
Sacredo
physiognomy eh? popular in the 19th century ...

Posted 21 Aug 2013
Edited by Sacredo 21 Aug 2013
I think you have to small minded to nit work with a tog because you dont like how he looks. Remember im writing on behalf of some models I know because theyre too worried putting their thoughts out in here. Lol. Where as I dont care as I dont think that way about togs! However I do wish I had the photographer s details and photo to give to the police who scammed me of 2000 pounds!! Look me writing it up dont think im this small minded person I have done it on behalf of others. Im actually very openminded and just not scared to say it how it is! Hope iv not knocked anyone anyway.!!
Posted 21 Aug 2013
Edited by MissyKaylo 21 Aug 2013
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
The only time I can see it being needed is if you are meeting them out at a station etc and need to know what they look like.

Posted 21 Aug 2013
Edited by BaileyK 21 Aug 2013
I couldnt give a flying ..... what the photogroppher looks like. appearence is nothing its the skills they have which is why youd want to shoot with them in first place. looks dont matter unless u plan on dating them.
either way i couldnt careless ive had a photogropher who used be in the navy has a amputated leg and a eye missinf. but i wasnt to judge him by his appearence. thats like going for a job interview n the boss being a bit "funnt looking" he offers u the job u say no thats ur funny looking. lol.

Posted 21 Aug 2013
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
MissyKaylo

However I do wish I had the photographer s details and photo to give to the police who scammed me of 2000 pounds!! 

How did you manage to get scammed out of that amount of cash?

Posted 21 Aug 2013
MissyKaylo

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope your all well!? I feel I should write this up as many people mainly models have spoke about this to me and maybe it could help. Iv been modelling for three years and so im used to going on by the photographers word and references and beautiful images they show me for me to feel I have every trust into working with them. Some models however have bought this conversation up many times of.. "why cant we see a photo of the photographer".? Now some photographers will say just ask me and were happy to show a pic of who and what we are ,but many have been offended..I dont know why!! So what Im asking do you think its fair a model asks for a photo to see who they are working with beforehand? I think and know this is why many models get nervous and last minute pull out of doing a shoot. I mean hey its a relief when you actually meet your tog get on well and get home safe and in one . After all a tog judges who he works with every day by looking at the models photos.

Is it new models who have been speaking to you about this subject? If so then I think maybe it would be more wise for them to perhaps re-look at how they check references and teach them some of the warning signs in the communication process that they should be looking out for.

Models looks are important - because they are models.. Seeing an image isn't going to give you a definative answer to the question "are they going to be cool" because you can't judge that on an image of somebody. The only images which should matter to a model is the pictures the photographer has produced of other models.

If you are meeting somebody at a station etc then the best personal details you can have is the make of their car/ reg details and the colour. Thankfully most photographer I have met this way will also stand by their car and wave like lunatics when they spot me. 

Posted 21 Aug 2013
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
I agree with the OP - and it is a perfectly reasonable request.

Everyone is entitled to make informed decisions and in my previous work roles I would say that judging peoples character on first impressions is often not wrong.

Why is everyone being so defensive of what is a simple practical suggestion?

Anyone who has can say they don't judge people by their looks is being judicious with the truth. - especially given the activity we are here for.

Posted 21 Aug 2013
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
modjo30

How did you manage to get scammed out of that amount of cash?

For wonderful images I assume.

Posted 21 Aug 2013
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
It is a reasonable question, whether it matters or not. No need to slate the OP or the models she is referring too. Some people may like to see who it is that they are working with prior to actually working with them. The problem you have is that a photo of someone who may not be photogenic may give the wrong impressions. I am as a nice a person as can be, but the photo I have that is most resent makes me look like a balding thug and enough to put anyone off working with me
Posted 21 Aug 2013
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Harpy_images
"omg, look at that beard, everyone knows men with beards like to cop a feel on the sly" Seriously?

I like to but I'm too scarred!

Posted 21 Aug 2013
Claypaws
Photographer
Claypaws
I think it is a perfectly reasonable request and I do not really understand why some responses have been so aggressive to the OP. I now include a photo of myself in the shoot details I give to models.

It is also true that you cannot judge a photographer's character by the appearance of his or her face. I do not think the photo should influence whether or not a model chooses to work with the photographer.

Posted 21 Aug 2013
Edited by Claypaws 21 Aug 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Claypaws
I do not think the photo should influence whether or not a model chooses to work with the photographer.
You clearly know very little about human nature.
Posted 21 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join