New models

16 posts
19 Aug 2013
Hey guys, I was just wondering as i am just starting out is there anything I should be aware of like dodgy photographers etc?

Posted 19 Aug 2013
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Read references & contact models who have worked with photographers.

Posted 19 Aug 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Unfortunately the world is populated by "dodgy" people, and having a camera in your hands does not make them any different.

If it's "too good to be true, then it 99.9% it definitely is".

You will get inundated with offers of Time for Images on CD (TFCD) which seems like a good idea when you need some good images but there is nothing worse for a model than a technically bad image, so choose who you want to do TFCD with with a little more thought.

A lot of people have a fast wealth of experience, so either they will pass that on to you whilst shooting you, or you need to pick it up and put it to good use.

No excuse for sloppy communications, text speak or obtuse emails.

Enjoy yourself.

Posted 19 Aug 2013
Thank you for advice. I will take everything said into account and sorry if I have offended anyone x

Posted 19 Aug 2013
Don't give anyone your own mobile number. Get one just for modelling & never email pics unless the photographer is a professional

Posted 1 Sep 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
seeryder

& never email pics unless the photographer is a professional

I really quite object to this.  The reason is too obvious!

Posted 7 Sep 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
seeryder

never email pics unless the photographer is a professional

never email pics "of your bits" to anyone!

Posted 7 Sep 2013
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
mph

never email pics "of your bits" to anyone!

Including professional photographers. Just because someone may be a professional photographer does not mean that they are any more trustworthy than an amateur.

Best thing to do is check out references.frown
Posted 4 Oct 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
I'd avoid anyone who takes out of focus pictures, Calls me "hun" twice on the same photo comment or that I work with and 2 months later still hasn't sorted out a reference, even though I did for them!"

Posted 6 Oct 2013
kgp
Photographer
kgp
seeryder

Don't give anyone your own mobile number. Get one just for modelling & never email pics unless the photographer is a professional

Every time
Posted 6 Oct 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Be mindful of "professional" photographers who's cover photo is out of focus.

Posted 6 Oct 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
This is getting weird.

"Be mindful of one legged amateur photographers, when the Moon is full, and the canaries are dying in their cages, particularly if the model in their cover photo has unnaturally blue eyes, aaaaah!"

Posted 6 Oct 2013
Flash
Photographer
Flash
Learn about copyright, and who actually owns the images of you.

Posted 7 Oct 2013
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_ph..
Beware of anyone who responds to this thread, damn just added myself to the list!

Posted 7 Oct 2013
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Read this - http://modelbitch.blogspot.co.uk/p/10-top-tips-for-models.html
In fact, take some time to read all of Model Bitch's blog posts.

Posted 8 Oct 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join