News news news! I'm leaving London in 4 weeks!

News news news! I'm leaving London in 4 weeks!

12 posts
15 Aug 2013
18th September to be precise... My A Level results came out and I got into Nottingham! My friends all went to uni a year or two ago, but because my health's been pretty up and down I'm two years behind. Finally finally I get to move on and be a vaguely normal 20 year old within an academic institution! Haha everyone else is going to be 18, I'll be like "gather round younglings, and let me tell you of the old times, when there were only 150 Pokémon". If you can't tell I'm pretty happy about this. I won't be booking any work when I first get to Nottingham. After a month or two to acclimatise and suss out the workload I miiiiight book, but it's Natural Sciences so a course with quite a high workload; I kind of assume I won't have time, or if I do have time it'll just be the occasional life modelling session. I guess I'll have time to book modelling work over my Christmas break but I might be doing holiday work. Do you get holiday work in uni? I don't know how this is meant to work, I've been homeschooling for the last million years and when you're homeschooling you get ad hoc half terms when you're ill and nothing else. Tl;dr I'm going to do non-modelly things with my life, so if you ever wanted to shoot with me NOW is the time.
Posted 16 Aug 2013
Edited by Tansy_Blue 15 Aug 2013
Very pleased for you. Now go and watch some ice hockey with the Nottingham Panthers and I am sure i'll be at some of the Braehead Clan encounters. Good luck with your course.
Posted 16 Aug 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Congratulations. Enjoy yourself.

Posted 16 Aug 2013
twentytwenty
Photographer
twentytwenty
I know just how much that means to you Tansy. So massive congratulations Miss, GO YOU !!

Posted 16 Aug 2013
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Oh very, very dear! There goes a quiet neighbourhood!

Fortunately my spies gave me advance warning and last week I sorted out new premises 200 miles away where it will be much quieter.

Head for the Pit & Pendulum when you get to Nottingham - you'll like it there.

Bob cheeky
Posted 16 Aug 2013
Edited by Bob 16 Aug 2013
Blacklion
Photographer
Blacklion
Congratulations Tansy!! I really enjoyed working with you and I wish you all the best in your studies
Posted 16 Aug 2013
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
You can still model around your university studies. Most students goes there so they can have fun away from home. My first model was a student. Some volunteer modelling for life drawing classes. Some even work in lapdancing bars.

Posted 17 Aug 2013
Edited by Chandos 17 Aug 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Chandos
Some even work in lapdancing bars.
Mmm. I can see that happening!
Posted 17 Aug 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Congratulations
Posted 17 Aug 2013
matt
Photographer
matt
Congratulations , I really miss university life
Posted 17 Aug 2013
Hi Tansy... i wish you the best of luck in Nottingham. i lived there for two years and I did some life modelling for trent uni whilst there. You will love the cost of living; I rented a 4 bed house with 3 other people at a grand cost of £575 per month! It is very easy to access London from Notts by train and coach too. 

If you'd like more details about life modelling or any other questions about Nottingham, feel free to message me
Posted 17 Aug 2013
Thank you all the people! I am super excited to move away. Bit sad to say goodbye to London, but I'll be back soon enough.
RubyRosetta
Hi Tansy... i wish you the best of luck in Nottingham. i lived there for two years and I did some life modelling for trent uni whilst there. You will love the cost of living; I rented a 4 bed house with 3 other people at a grand cost of £575 per month! It is very easy to access London from Notts by train and coach too.  If you'd like more details about life modelling or any other questions about Nottingham, feel free to message me
Yeah it's ridiculous how expensive London is compared to everywhere else! At first I'm going to take some time off and get used to the town/workload, then I'll definitely think about doing some part time work; talk to my tutors about how much time I can devote to it. Probably life modelling as the number of hours you spend modelling isn't all that far removed from the number of hours you work you do...whole lot of behind the scenes work for photography.
Chandos
You can still model around your university studies. Most students goes there so they can have fun away from home. My first model was a student. Some volunteer modelling for life drawing classes. Some even work in lapdancing bars.
Oddly enough, I'm going to uni so I can study hard, learn interesting things, and get a great degree that will enable me to get a job in the field I want to work in (at the moment, biomedical research, though that may change), so my main focus is definitely not living it up away from home.
Posted 17 Aug 2013
Edited by Tansy_Blue 17 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join