Opinions on my friend as a plus size model

Opinions on my friend as a plus size model

23 posts
15 Aug 2013
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
I was just looking for an opinion on the lady on my main image, she's a friend of mine and i think she has potential to be a plus size model.
Thoughts?
Posted 15 Aug 2013
I can't see her figure in this picture.
Did tou take any images of your friend in her lingerie?

Posted 15 Aug 2013
Edited by whosthatgirl 15 Aug 2013
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
whosthatgirl

I can't see her figure in this picture. Did tou take any images of your friend in her lingerie?

Sorry , is this any better
http://sdrv.ms/16NkHRu
Posted 15 Aug 2013
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
As above, I'd need to see her figure before giving an opinion. She has a nice face though.

Can't access Skydrive.
Posted 15 Aug 2013
Edited by Mansell 15 Aug 2013
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
Mansell

As above, I'd need to see her figure before giving an opinion. She has a nice face though.

Can't access Skydrive.

Posted 15 Aug 2013
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMe..
You've shot with her, you should be more qualified to say. Was she confident, pose effortlessly, bring her own ideas to the table, have her own hair/makeup skills etc?

Posted 15 Aug 2013
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedi..
Looks like you were shooting on a slightly downward angle on the stood up shot, or maybe she's just short? Would depend on her height and stats, and how toned she is I'd imagine... as well as age.

Looking at these girls http://www.12plusuk.com/models/ I'd probably say not in real fashion agency terms.

Posted 15 Aug 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
So depends on what you define as "be a model" (and probably her potential levels too)

Posted 15 Aug 2013
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
mph

So depends on what you define as "be a model" (and probably her potential levels too)

Not really, I just wanted to know if she had a good enough look.
Thank you for your opinion.
And thanks all for your thoughts

Posted 15 Aug 2013
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMe..
modjo30

Not really, I just wanted to know if she had a good enough look.
Thank you for your opinion.
And thanks all for your thoughts

Ok I'll bite.......

No.

It looks like you've wrapped her in a tent that needs ironing.
Posted 15 Aug 2013
onthecouch
Photographer
onthecouch
Yes I do

Posted 15 Aug 2013
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
FrameworksMedia

Ok I'll bite.......

No.

It looks like you've wrapped her in a tent that needs ironing.

I didn't ask you're opinion about the Satin, don't know any tents made of satin personally,
or of the shot
I asked for the opinion about the model

There's always one on these forums
Posted 15 Aug 2013
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
onthecouch

Yes I do

Thank you for you're thoughts

Posted 15 Aug 2013
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMe..
modjo30

I didn't ask you're opinion about the Satin, don't know any tents made of satin personally,
or of the shot
I asked for the opinion about the model

There's always one on these forums

And in terms of modelling it just looks like you've sat her down and wrapped her up in a tent that needs ironing. I'm doing my Roy Walker impression and saying what I see. I see no modelling skills - anyone could sit down and be wrapped up in a similar fashion.

The other image that you linked to does her no favours either as she doesn't know how to pose correctly or has been given incorrect guidance from the photographer. Her chin is down giving her a double chin and the arms show skin folds (fat).

I'm not against plus size models as I've shot a fair few and regularly shoot weddings for clients size 16-30. The trick is to make the person involved look standard size and glamourous. Either the photographer needs to know how to pose them, or the model needs to know how to move to compliment their body shape. I see little evidence of either in your two photos provided.

You may want to check the link provided by LadylikeMedia for a benchmark.

Posted 15 Aug 2013
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
FrameworksMedia

And in terms of modelling it just looks like you've sat her down and wrapped her up in a tent that needs ironing. I'm doing my Roy Walker impression and saying what I see. I see no modelling skills - anyone could sit down and be wrapped up in a similar fashion.

The other image that you linked to does her no favours either as she doesn't know how to pose correctly or has been given incorrect guidance from the photographer. Her chin is down giving her a double chin and the arms show skin folds (fat).

I'm not against plus size models as I've shot a fair few and regularly shoot weddings for clients size 16-30. The trick is to make the person involved look standard size and glamourous. Either the photographer needs to know how to pose them, or the model needs to know how to move to compliment their body shape. I see little evidence of either in your two photos provided.

You may want to check the link provided by LadylikeMedia for a benchmark.

She's not a model so no she doesn't know how to pose.
But what are you not understanding?
I was asking about the my friend heself based on what she looks like.
It is irrelivant what you think about the actual shots, i just put a couple up quick for reference towards my friends actual looks
I didn't put a shot up and say 'What do you think of this shot, of the way it was shot, or the way the model is posing'
Please read forum posts properly before answering,
Everyone else seems to have managed fairly well.
Posted 15 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join