Advice on rates please.

Advice on rates please.

8 posts
13 Aug 2013
I'm new to this site and I've had a few people ask me what my rates are. I'm was wondering what the average was for someone starting up?

I don't have much of a portfolio yet, although I did alot of modeling when I was younger so i have plenty of experience and I've worked in strip clubs for the last few years so I'm totally comfortable with nudity. I used to mainly do nude and fetish work. Not though any website or agency, just word of mouth and I used to get payed around £40 for about a 2 hour shoot. But like i said that was a few years ago.

Is this about right? What would you say the average for someone like me?

Thanks for your help xxx

Posted 13 Aug 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Rates are a piece of string.

Posted 13 Aug 2013
Thanks alot for your reply. I realize they would vary greatly between people, depending on experience and look etc. Except I was kind of hoping you might give me a little more of an indication of what you thought "I" Should be going in with to start of judging by the profile I've got at the moment.

I'm not looking for something exact. Just some advice would be nice.

xx

Posted 13 Aug 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Most established models I know / work with would charge "around" (ie some slightly less, some slightly more)40 / hour for art nude / uk mag / posed fetish (ie stuff on my port).
Posted 13 Aug 2013
fractaleuphoria

I'm new to this site and I've had a few people ask me what my rates are. I'm was wondering what the average was for someone starting up? I don't have much of a portfolio yet, although I did alot of modeling when I was younger so i have plenty of experience and I've worked in strip clubs for the last few years so I'm totally comfortable with nudity. I used to mainly do nude and fetish work. Not though any website or agency, just word of mouth and I used to get payed around £40 for about a 2 hour shoot. But like i said that was a few years ago. Is this about right? What would you say the average for someone like me? Thanks for your help xxx

£40 for two hours is a little low I think, but not ridiculous so you could try that and see how it works out. Somewhere between £20-£40 an hour would probably be 'reasonable' so if things go well you can consider raising it a bit.
Posted 13 Aug 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
2 hours at £40 to £60 sounds sensible.

Just see how much work you are getting, then tweak the figure up or down accordingly. I notice where you live and wonder whether you will need to cover travelling costs too?

Posted 13 Aug 2013
CanonpicsParayphotos
Photographer
CanonpicsPar..
PM sent earlier !

Posted 13 Aug 2013
I started on 20 ph topless 30 ph nude and 40 mensmag but always put offers on 2 hours plus x

Posted 13 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join