Most original cancellation reason ever?

Most original cancellation reason ever?

66 posts
30 July 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Shoot due to start 1130, received this at 1122: Sorry I have to cancel! I have appointments for eyelashes x

Posted 30 July 2013
Edited by PaulManuell 30 July 2013
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
It's probably honest.......not that that's any consolation.

Posted 30 July 2013
kenp
Photographer
kenp
The most honest are the most disarming. I have only ever had one no-show. When I eventually managed to contact her, she said 'I'm teribly sorry. I have the brain of a goldfish and I simply forgot'.

Posted 30 July 2013
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
"My mum wants me to be a prostitute instead"

(And it was a genuine business decision, not a disgusted parents rant)
Posted 30 July 2013
Manners dont cost anything, I had a shoot planned for today, I e-mailed the photographer yesterday morning at 9:47,to confirm final details and he didnt contact me til almost 10pm to cancel. I cancelled other stuff for this.

Posted 30 July 2013
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
The sad thing is the reason why I am on the forums is because my model has failed to show.......26 minutes late and counting.......

Posted 30 July 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Also, the time quoted for cancellation if wanting to leave negative feedback - 'less than 18 hours' - doesn't really convey the severity of it (or frustration caused) when the actual cancellation notice is less time than it takes Mo Farrah to win a 5000m Olympic gold medal.

Posted 30 July 2013
Edited by PaulManuell 30 July 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
PeterH
"My mum wants me to be a prostitute instead"
Haha, ok, you win, that easily out trumps the eyelashes appointments in my OP.
Posted 30 July 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
Same day: I forgot I was going to my grandfathers funeral.

HOW do you forget a grandparents funeral?!

Posted 30 July 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
PeterH
"My mum wants me to be a prostitute instead
I take it she was happy to work tfp - time for prostitute.
Posted 30 July 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
GSC4X
The sad thing is the reason why I am on the forums is because my model has failed to show.......26 minutes late and counting.......
Sorry to hear that. Did she eventually show, or at least contact you to let you know why she didn't?
Posted 30 July 2013
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
PaulManuell

I take it she was happy to work tfp - time for prostitute.

Actually, in the end it was a quite reasonable, well thought out sensible and correct decision.

She'd come in to modelling for one reason only, to make as much money as possible on a regular basis. She realised b/g work was the only viable option here. Then, presumably on her mothers advice, she realised that she could earn more, work less and not have to travel by setting up in a flat as a high end call girl (Which she was suitable for on both looks and breeding) and not have any photo evidence remain afterwards.

It was just the opening line of 'my mum wants me to be a prostitute" that tickled me when she cancelled.
Posted 30 July 2013
PeterH

Actually, in the end it was a quite reasonable, well thought out sensible and correct decision.

She'd come in to modelling for one reason only, to make as much money as possible on a regular basis. She realised b/g work was the only viable option here. Then, presumably on her mothers advice, she realised that she could earn more, work less and not have to travel by setting up in a flat as a high end call girl (Which she was suitable for on both looks and breeding) and not have any photo evidence remain afterwards.

It was just the opening line of 'my mum wants me to be a prostitute" that tickled me when she cancelled.

wow.........

Posted 30 July 2013
Last night a photographer messaged me 'I would say thur looking best i give you ring in the morning between 9-10 ok - i can focus 100% on you 2morro and get our heads together and get great shoot ok, i know i pain and dont always answer quicky but i think i need an assisant lol x' and then ' Babes 2morro you got me 100% ok'

Did he telephone - nope, and I waited the full hour. Has he text?  Nope. I'm not chasing him...

Always remember, one door closes and another opens, as I now have shoot for Thursday with another photographer. And I don't have to travel 2 hours for it, as with first one..

p.s. I hate being called 'babes'surprise
Posted 30 July 2013
ScottishGeek
Photographer
ScottishGeek
SuzyMonty
Always remember, one door closes and another opens
Glad to see it's not always a case of one door opening and another slams in your face :-D
Posted 30 July 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join