phony female model!!!

phony female model!!!

41 posts
28 July 2013
Chad
Photographer
Chad
What’s the best way to handle If you book a TFP are TFCD shoot with a female model and after you have done the shoot you start suspecting that your female model may actually be a man during the post processing of the images, I have nothing against the gay community but at the same time I don’t want to be misled are lied too and if that’s the case I don’t want to use the images, any ideas are suggestions please while I’m still processing the images?

Posted 28 July 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
First thought was "wow hope it wasn't a nude shoot".

Second, I think it'd be worthy of reporting, models shouldnt lie on their profile. But it may be worth asking him/ her outright before you do.

Posted 28 July 2013
ScottishGeek
Photographer
ScottishGeek
As SD states if you are concerned ask the model. It could be that:-

a) you are mistaken and they are female

b) they are transgender (either pre or post op) and therefore consider themself female.

Posted 28 July 2013
Webbo2
Photographer
Webbo2
That's certainly a strange one....as above you need to establish the facts of the situation. The problem is that there are all sorts of possibilities, they could be post op and officially female for example.
One other thing to note, should it be an example of a transgender individual i.e a man dressing as a woman, there really isn't any grounds for assigning sexual orientation, as there's every chance that they could be heterosexual, but choose to dress as the opposite sex simply because that's how they feel more comfortable.

Posted 28 July 2013
oscar
Photographer
oscar
You agreed to a TF** therefore I think that you are obliged to supply the images to the model, otherwise the model would be perfectly within their rights to leave negative feedback for you.
If you choose not to use the images yourself then that is your choice.

You were obviously OK with the model during the shoot and saw /heard anything to question their gender.
Let it go.

Posted 28 July 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Mind you, if they are female, boy that's going to a conversation to end conversations.

Posted 28 July 2013
ScottishGeek
Photographer
ScottishGeek
Socialdisaster
Mind you, if they are female, boy that's going to a conversation to end conversations.
Love to hear the outcome of that one lol.
Posted 28 July 2013
paule
Photographer
paule
post process their images to the level and quantities you've agreed for the basis of the TF and move on..

Posted 28 July 2013
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Webbo2

That's certainly a strange one....as above you need to establish the facts of the situation. The problem is that there are all sorts of possibilities, they could be post op and officially female for example. One other thing to note, should it be an example of a transgender individual i.e a man dressing as a woman, there really isn't any grounds for assigning sexual orientation, as there's every chance that they could be heterosexual, but choose to dress as the opposite sex simply because that's how they feel more comfortable.

Clicky Linky

You'll find that transgender's much more complicated than just wearing clothes they feel to be more comfortable.

The clothing thing would be more transvestism than anything.
Posted 28 July 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
process them as agreed , hand them over, delete them afterwards and move on as your obviously not happy with something

Posted 28 July 2013
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
photostore

process them as agreed , hand them over, delete them afterwards and move on as your obviously not happy with something

I don't think anybody should ever delete anything. You never know if the model in question is going to hit the big time, shag a famous footballer/footballer's wife, or be involved in some other news worthy event. Then suddenly your images may have some value.

Never delete.

Dave
Posted 28 July 2013
Firstly, unless the model hit on you I don't see what the "gay community" has to do with this at all.

Secondly, they turned up and did their job apparently to your satisfaction during the shoot, I don't see why there is anything you should do, if you don't like them don't use them and get on with your life, but you still have to pay the model since they did their job.

Posted 28 July 2013
Webbo2
Photographer
Webbo2
desyek
Clicky Linky You'll find that transgender's much more complicated than just wearing clothes they feel to be more comfortable. The clothing thing would be more transvestism than anything.
Whilst I appreciate that it's a much more complicated subject than I made it out to be, my point was an address to the OP's association of dressing up as a woman with the 'gay community'
Posted 28 July 2013
markeewould
Photographer
markeewould
the phrase 'non taken' may be used at some point i fear......

Posted 28 July 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Chad
If you book a TFP ARE TFCD shoot...... I don’t want to be misled ARE lied to...... any ideas ARE suggestions please?
OR!!!!
Posted 28 July 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join