GREEN Clickable spam everywhere

GREEN Clickable spam everywhere

9 posts
27 July 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
I'm pretty sure this will get locked down, but am i the only one who finds the green graffiti everywhere on the site nothing but annoting and an interference to my enjoyment of the site ?
I prefer "add free " browsing as do most i assume who won;t accept it on their sites or like me visit other sites in preference to it !
Biggest bug bear since i joined years ago 

UPDATE ~ This is not a Purestorm issue and relates to the user's computer settings.

Posted 27 July 2013
Edited by Love 27 July 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Apologies, it seems i'm infected ! with something as it is happening elsewhere too !
Any ideas anyone ? Random words now green and clickable to "search local businesses" when i hover over the word

Posted 27 July 2013
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
Are you using Chrome? Have you turned on some sort of 'please turn my web experience into a nightmare of advertisement' option?

Try a different browser. Check your settings.

(I'm not seeing any of this)
Posted 27 July 2013
Edited by Andy_B 27 July 2013
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photogra..
Did you install something new to your computer ? Unfortunately many software packages include extras that get installed unless you do a "Custom" install and uncheck those extras.

Posted 27 July 2013
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Sounds like a toolbar has sneaked onto your system. I had all that crap when the Ask toolbar sneaked into mine then I went to remove it and found i had two others i didn't even know about.

Posted 27 July 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
Use Malwarebytes anti-malware program first off. It should identify any additional browser "options" that you may have inadvertantly downloaded and installed.

Once that's done, you may have to search t'interwebs for a specific removal tool for the issues you have...some of these things are so invasive they are very difficult to remove.

And thirdly, as has already been mentioned, always do a "custom" install of any new software which could give you the option to uncheck parts of the installation. It may be that you actually just install everything anyway, but many a virus/ad-ware/mal-ware has got onto a system due to "typical" installs.

Oh yes, and I also find Lavasoft Adaware to be pretty good at finding this sort of stuff, but you may still need a custom program to remove some problems.

HTH

Posted 27 July 2013
Edited by WhitePython 27 July 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Thanks Guys, found it !
Loads of unwanted toolbars in the extensions area of the settings in chrome

Posted 27 July 2013
WhitePython

Use Malwarebytes anti-malware program first off. It should identify any additional browser "options" that you may have inadvertantly downloaded and installed. Once that's done, you may have to search t'interwebs for a specific removal tool for the issues you have...some of these things are so invasive they are very difficult to remove. And thirdly, as has already been mentioned, always do a "custom" install of any new software which could give you the option to uncheck parts of the installation. It may be that you actually just install everything anyway, but many a virus/ad-ware/mal-ware has got onto a system due to "typical" installs. Oh yes, and I also find Lavasoft Adaware to be pretty good at finding this sort of stuff, but you may still need a custom program to remove some problems. HTH

+1 to malwarebytes 
Posted 2 Aug 2013
twentytwenty
Photographer
twentytwenty
ADBLOCK works for me with chrome

Posted 2 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join