Remind you of anyone?

Remind you of anyone?

10 posts
11 July 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
http://www.f-stopeight.com/confessions-of-an-ex-gear-addict-how-buying-cameras-and-lenses-made-me-miserable-and-loose-thousands/

Posted 11 July 2013
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Not saying a word.

Posted 13 July 2013
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
There is a saying "Buy cheap, buy twice". You can waste a lot of money doing lots of small upgrades rather than just buying the best at the beginning.

Posted 13 July 2013
lostinbids
Photographer
lostinbids
tarmoo

There is a saying "Buy cheap, buy twice". You can waste a lot of money doing lots of small upgrades rather than just buying the best at the beginning.

Very True. Also struggling with the wrong kit is also pretty silly too.
Posted 14 July 2013
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
not sure if this will annoy those involved in photo-retail therapy:

i usually "upgrade" once every 5 years.

i'm now considering my move after 7/8 years of 5dmk2 use.

i am considering apsc, d70 perhaps, as i want to add field sport
photographs to my portfolio. all the lenses will automagically
become longer which will SAVE 1000's in new glass purchases.

crazy huh?

Posted 3 Aug 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
alexcrawford

not sure if this will annoy those involved in photo-retail therapy: i usually "upgrade" once every 5 years. i'm now considering my move after 7/8 years of 5dmk2 use. i am considering apsc, d70 perhaps, as i want to add field sport photographs to my portfolio. all the lenses will automagically become longer which will SAVE 1000's in new glass purchases. crazy huh?

Well it would be crazy if you are going to use your Canon lenses on a Nikon.....................

Posted 3 Aug 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
alexcrawford
not sure if this will annoy those involved in photo-retail therapy: i usually "upgrade" once every 5 years. i'm now considering my move after 7/8 years of 5dmk2 use. i am considering apsc, d70 perhaps, as i want to add field sport photographs to my portfolio. all the lenses will automagically become longer which will SAVE 1000's in new glass purchases. crazy huh?
WOW!! How many years did you have the MkII before it was generally on sale ?
Posted 3 Aug 2013
Edited by stolenfaces 3 Aug 2013
too be fair I still have the first digital camera I bought for about £400 and got give a second lens and cleaning kit as a Christmas present, other than that I havnt spent anything to be honest I bought it 6 nearly 7 years ago after a year of playing with my dads old pentax film cameras with the idea of shooting for fun and maybe setting up my own little company - well that never happened 2/3 years later everyone had a camera so there is no point really unless I was doing weddings
Posted 3 Aug 2013
Edited by RattusRock 3 Aug 2013
TheChrisS
Photographer
TheChrisS
stolenfaces
I was thinking that XD it only came out towards the end of 2008 I think
Posted 4 Aug 2013
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
stolenfaces
ok ok, so i had it new when it got released or soon after LOL i'm not too good with time, it flies (or should that be fly's ?) cheers, alex
Posted 5 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join