Booked my consultation! :-)

Booked my consultation! :-)

17 posts
1 July 2013
Hello to everyone but please, this thread is mainly aimed towards models! Happy to say i've finally booked my consultation for my breast augmentation. I realise there will be people that jump on this thread telling me it's probably a bad idea. But I just wanted to know if any other models have used this Surgery. My consultation is in Harley Street with Dr Frank Plovier and the surgery takes place in his surgery in Belgium. (BeClinic) They are very reputable and I have had them recommend to be by a friend. My questions to other models who have had breast augmentation: How long did you have off work? How long before you can resume every day life? Was it painful after? Any hints, tips or recommendations? Thanks in advance Roxy M
Posted 1 July 2013
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
No pain.
Only discomfort from using my tummy muscles to pull myself up cause my arms were useless after the op.

You'll want to take at least 2-4 weeks off.
After 6 weeks you can wear an under wired bra... Don't wear one before that.

Basically a nice big stint off and wait.. Mine are still settling 3 months in
Everyone is different though

Posted 9 July 2013
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
I will resist the temptation to comment on the need, as you ask.

DO NOT use any surgeon that is not listed and approved by BAAPS. That is the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. Make very sure that you will get adequate follow up. If you have the surgery in Belgium and something goes wrong the NHS can and probably will refuse to treat you. That could turn out to be very expensive. Ask him his failure rate. Any decent surgeon will know the figures and will NOT beoffended by being asked. If he is offended or fudges the numbers WALK.

Make sure you fully understand all the implications. That is: they will need to be replaced every five or so years. Every foreign body in the body grows a capsule of fibrous tissue. Over time that will squeeze the implant into the smallest possible shape for it's volume. That is a sphere. That is why some girls look as if the have two balls glued to their chest. The capsules are contracting. So they need to be replaced. The time it takes will vary from person to person but is also influenced by the implant selected. The ones to go for are the roughest available. The rougher the surface, the longer it takes the capsule to organise it's self and start squeezing. (Because the fibres grow higgledy-piggledy against the rough surface.)

You have to decide if you are going to have the implant under the gland or under the muscles. He will explain that. Be sure you understand the options.

Entry can be through an incision round each nipple. You risk loss of nipple sensation. Through an incision under the breast. Through an incision in each armpit. Through an incision in your navel.

He will tell you what to buy in the way of a sports bra to be worn after the operation. I do not advise going bra-less straight away.

Posted 9 July 2013
Hey Roxy, I'm not gonna say you're making a bad/wrong choice, it's your body and each to their own. However, my question is mainly, why? You've got a great set already at an E cup (as it says on your page), so I'm more curious as you would want to go up any further? In no way do I mean to be rude or offend you, I am genuinely curious And if you do decide to go for it after the consultation, obviously good luck and hope it all works out for you! Phil
Posted 9 July 2013
Thanks so much everyone.

The main reason is because I have become a bit self Conscious. Yes they're not exactly small but I feel since I lost weight earlier this year, they are not the right shape etc.

Thank you for comments. Roxy x

Posted 9 July 2013
Fair cop I guess. Good luck with it all, keep us updated! Phil x
Posted 9 July 2013
Thanks a lot Phil. Will do :-D roxy x

Posted 9 July 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
It's your body, so you should do with it what makes you happy.

I seem to remember hearing other models saying they'd had good experience with that clinic. I think you need to travel home by train or car though as I don't think you're allowed to fly for x days after the op.

Good luck.

Posted 9 July 2013
Edited by HowardJ 9 July 2013
Ah that makes sense. That's very much Howard J Roxy x
Posted 9 July 2013
Bestest thing I ever did babe xxx I hope it brings you the confidence it bought me
Posted 9 July 2013
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
JeromeRazoir

I will resist the temptation to comment on the need, as you ask. DO NOT use any surgeon that is not listed and approved by BAAPS. That is the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. Make very sure that you will get adequate follow up. If you have the surgery in Belgium and something goes wrong the NHS can and probably will refuse to treat you. That could turn out to be very expensive. Ask him his failure rate. Any decent surgeon will know the figures and will NOT beoffended by being asked. If he is offended or fudges the numbers WALK. Make sure you fully understand all the implications. That is: they will need to be replaced every five or so years. Every foreign body in the body grows a capsule of fibrous tissue. Over time that will squeeze the implant into the smallest possible shape for it's volume. That is a sphere. That is why some girls look as if the have two balls glued to their chest. The capsules are contracting. So they need to be replaced. The time it takes will vary from person to person but is also influenced by the implant selected. The ones to go for are the roughest available. The rougher the surface, the longer it takes the capsule to organise it's self and start squeezing. (Because the fibres grow higgledy-piggledy against the rough surface.) You have to decide if you are going to have the implant under the gland or under the muscles. He will explain that. Be sure you understand the options. Entry can be through an incision round each nipple. You risk loss of nipple sensation. Through an incision under the breast. Through an incision in each armpit. Through an incision in your navel. He will tell you what to buy in the way of a sports bra to be worn after the operation. I do not advise going bra-less straight away.

I don't know where you got the information that they need to be done every 5 years because thats not true.
Mine recommended I have mine changed every 10-15 .

Any good surgeon will go through all of this.

Posted 11 July 2013
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
I get my information from company training from when I worked for one of the leading manufacturers in Europe and traveled over the whole UK selling the nasty things.

Posted 12 July 2013
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
JeromeRazoir

I get my information from company training from when I worked for one of the leading manufacturers in Europe and traveled over the whole UK selling the nasty things.

Not what I've seen nor heard.
Fair enough though.
Posted 12 July 2013
Hey Roxy

How long did you have off work? I was off work for 3 weeks, I went back to cleaning work, was ok.

How long before you can resume every day life? id recommend proper good rest for 2 weeks, no lifting, or doing anything where u may straining yaself.

Was it painful after? Not painful just a bit heavy on the top half, it was hard to get out of bed. so recommened u try to sleep up for the 1st 3 weeks (I know a pain but its only easy way to avoid discomfort when u get up)
I also found it hard to go toilet after coming out of hosp, didn't go for 5 days until I gave in to prune juice, think the painkillers have something to do with it!
BaileyK has covered pretty much the rest
oh also if u smoke and drink, id advice u not to 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after op, this helps the healing process x
Just want to wish you all the best I hope all goes well xxx feel free to email me anytime if u need to ask anything xxx

Baybee
Any hints, tips or recommendations

Posted 19 July 2013
beaverray
Photographer
beaverray
It sounds as if you've done the relevant research into the surgeon and clinic who will carry out the procedure however just ensure that you are able to get any necessary aftercare in the UK if needed as some peoples who have had procedures carried out abroad have needed corrective treatment for infection etc in a hospital after. Best of luck to you although I have to say looking at the images on your profile think your boobs look perfectly in proportion to your body and don't think you need it!
Posted 19 July 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join