Should i trust this photographer? Scam perhaps?

Should i trust this photographer? Scam perhaps?

37 posts
27 June 2013

I was contacted by a friend on facebook who i added and have never met. He mentioned could i go to Cardiff (from cornwall) to audition. This work would be paid of £1500 per day and travelling and stay expenses all covered if im a successful candidate. This would entail publications in such magazines as playboy, GQ, nuts, zoo and many others. He said this "The audition is very straight forward. I'll meet you from the train and we simply take a variety of shots in my car to use as audition photos. It'll only take an hour of your time at the very most".

Is this a scam and should i trust this photographer?
Posted 27 June 2013
Edited by Love 28 June 2013
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Now let's see... You're being asked to go to Cardiff to meet up with a guy you know nothing about, then he will take pictures of you in his car. Yeah, sure!  

Posted 27 June 2013
IainT
Photographer
IainT
I have to be honest, if you could even consider that this is not a scam, for your own safety, I suggest you quit modelling and get off the internet immediately.

If the guy sent you a picture with a sign balanced on his knob, saying "avoid me, I'm a scammer", it would probably be less obviously a scam.

Posted 27 June 2013
Edited by IainT 27 June 2013
HAHA! How on earth do i attract them! I wasnt sure but im very perplexed why hed do such a thing im going to find out more and put it to him then im going to delete this putrid snake.

Posted 27 June 2013
this is the most scammiest scam in all of scamsville by the sounds of it if you where actually auditioning you would go to a studio of some description also does his work look like he shoots for GQ that should be the easiest way to tell
Posted 27 June 2013
photofrank
Photographer
photofrank
"£1500 per day and travelling and stay expenses all covered if im a successful candidate"

Wich you are not, after he had his fun.
Posted 27 June 2013
from the slithery snake "Do you have any idea about this industry??? Your more than welcome to hire out our studio for your audition shoot, at a cost of £850 for half a day. I was simply trying to save you money. Don't forget, you contacted me, not the other way around."

Posted 27 June 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
£850 for half a day!!!

Bloody hell! that makes Holborn Studios look bargain basement.

Posted 27 June 2013
this is the lengths he went to:
Yes, I'm going to say something. You weren't belligerent, you were just rude! You threw verbal assaults at me without any grounding or justification. I suggest you take a long hard look at your attitude burgers continuing in this profession, and maybe ask all the necessary questions next time before insulting someone. This is a fantastic opportunity which, unfortunately for you, is now no longer open to you. Thank you for your time and goodbye.
*if your, not burgers.

Posted 27 June 2013
he actually sounded quite convincing. I am have jumped the gun a bit perhaps? He called me immature which is what dull people say to describe fun people HAHA!

Posted 27 June 2013
Did you genuinely believe there was a chance this was a real job? Crikey.

Posted 27 June 2013
It snet sirens in me head when he mentioned doing in the car! Which i why i set up a post. Part of me wanted to belive with it all honesty

Posted 27 June 2013
Claypaws
Photographer
Claypaws
It is normal to request casting shots, which you can have done by anyone of your choice, wherever you wish. It is not normal to do them in a car.

Posted 27 June 2013
Bob
Photographer
Bob
electric_neon

Part of me wanted to belive with it all honesty

Posted 27 June 2013
2BridgesPhotography
Photographer
2BridgesPhot..
Blimey, I feel bad enough sometimes convincing folks that I actually DO set up a suitable (home) studio in my living room lol, what a cracking idea for a mobile studio though - buy an old coach and convert it ..... , you never know he may have a very very very big car....doubt it somehow. what was the other bit that made me giggle , oh yeah £850 for half day studio hire...exsqueeze me
Posted 27 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join