I need a review...

I need a review...

8 posts
25 June 2013
I am finally doing a huge overhaul of my profile with new photographers where I am based now and I am just needing as much help as possible to what stays and goes on my profile at the moment...

Be as harsh as needed its about time it was done
Posted 25 June 2013
JBC
Photographer
JBC
Well I like your folio a lot, but if I was to thin it down, I'd loose... The head shot ( i like the headshot, but don't like the sweets background ) 2 of the white top shots in the casual section ( you can pick ! ) I'd keep the rest, but will happily look again when you load some more
Posted 25 June 2013
Hi JBC

Thanks for the comments, I am not to keen on the white tshirt shots personally but they gave me a range when I didnt have any and the sweet thing was from a calendar which was candy themed... far to girly for me from the word go lol

Posted 25 June 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
The biggest problem I think is the age of the shots. While you look great and most of the shots are good, if I were to mail you (and I would, just to note), I'd also include the line "Do you have any recent pictures" because, and let's be honest, you could be a 30 stone blond with cropped hair and facial tattooes by now! I'm not sure it's worth a photo by photo review, based on that fact alone, but IMHO, the Grime&Glamour stuff is the strongest You do look good though and I'd like to shoot you at some point
Posted 25 June 2013
I put a casual one from my wedding day on there as the most recent another reason I have been super busy and unable to shoot but I am definately not a 30 stone blond with cropped hair... I dont think I would be able to pull that look off.
My G&G shoots I love as me and Chris the photographer had a brilliant rapport so everything just clicked, so thank you for that comment.

I will have more shots by next week even if I go and take them myself. I knew time would be an issue thats what you get when you take this much time off. The only issue with current pics im either with the now hubby or drunk and they are not attractive

Posted 25 June 2013
worst shots: way to much going on and distract, doesn't work as a wedding shot and if you just want casual casting style shot then get you OH to take an image against a plain white or cream wall just personally dont like this you look confused and not ready for the shot although you look pretty the background looks like a bad cut and paste best is your main image over all you need more update images as in 2 years everything could change, just some plain simple casting shots should be a start to get your portfolio restarted and the a few TF shoots
Posted 25 June 2013
Thank you Rattus but the wedding shot is my actual wedding day not a shoot, I uploaded it so someone could see a shot of me in the dress they were wanting to use for a shoot it wasnt planned to be used on here.

Thank you for your opinion though

As for the shot of the sweets it was taken and edited by two extremely talented people and it worked well for the theme it was for.  
Posted 25 June 2013
Edited by GemmaHolmes 25 June 2013
GemmaHolmes
Thank you Rattus but the wedding shot is my actual wedding day not a shoot, I uploaded it so someone could see a shot of me in the dress they were wanting to use for a shoot it wasnt planned to be used on here. Thank you for your opinion though As for the shot of the sweets it was taken and edited by two extremely talented people and it worked well for the theme it was for.  
I know thats why I said it would work better if you get your husband to take some clear casting shots against a white or cream wall im sure your wedding was lovely but the picture is too distracting to act as a casting shot to show what you look like
Posted 26 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join