Street Photography - Vivian Maier - BBC1 22:35 Tonight

Street Photography - Vivian Maier - BBC1 22:35 Tonight

14 posts
25 June 2013
paule
Photographer
paule
Vivian Maier, a nanny based in Chicago who took about 150,000 photographs in her lifetime and stashed them away, not showing them to anyone..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/0/23007897

Could be an interesting watch.. used a Rolleiflex ...on iPlayer later too...

Posted 25 June 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Thanks!

Posted 25 June 2013
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Oooh I'll have a look. Thanks
Posted 25 June 2013
BicycleRacer
Photographer
BicycleRacer
Looking forward to it
Posted 25 June 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
[ merged ]

"Imagine" BBC One tonight programme of an extraordinary, essentially unknown photographer, worked as a nanny.
Posted 25 June 2013
Edited by Love 25 June 2013
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
That looks brilliant

Posted 25 June 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Good one Magpie.  cheeky
Posted 25 June 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Good one.  cheeky
Posted 25 June 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Just posted the same...missed your post!!

Posted 25 June 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Just watched it...what a brilliant photographer!! I knew of her...but this program really opened my eyes as to the scope of her work and her sense of aesthetic. It also shows the gear freaks what can be achieved with a pretty basic outfit...Rollies cost a fortune nowdays but a YashicaMat 124G will give very similar results..and have a built in meter...she must have judged exposures by eye. As it happens, I deved a 120 film (HP5) and hung it up to dry minutes before the program started...can't wait to scan it!!
Posted 25 June 2013
BenwellHopper
Photographer
BenwellHoppe..
Surprised they didnt mention the possible link When she visited the Robert Doisneau exhibition (where she snapped Dali) and the next day bought a Rolleiflex which became her camera of choice....Wonder if they had a chat, Still its all circumspect.....

Posted 26 June 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
It would still be my camera of choice..I foolishly sold my mint 2.8f. Apart from what it would be worth now, it was the most versatile camera ever made in my opinion. The lack of interchangeable lenses never seemed a problem somehow for the style of photography it was intended for. Upside down, waist level, sideways (could even fit the Hasselblad 45 degree prism with an "eastern block" made adapter) plus virtually silent shutter, a transport action to die for and Zeiss or Schneider optics...just gorgeous!!! I want it back
Posted 27 June 2013
scubie
Photographer
scubie
yep unfortunately sold mine when they were about £100 as no one wanted  film!! now £1700!!!  Hind sight is a great thing.
   Doug
Posted 27 June 2013
Johnathons
Photographer
Johnathons
Luckily still got mine might get it out again

Posted 29 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join