4:00 am model cancelation texts

4:00 am model cancelation texts

77 posts
24 June 2013
Strika
Photographer
Strika
I'm starting to get very suspicious at 4:00am texts cancelling shoots, amazes me that I'm the one thing a model is thinking about when not well at 4:00am.
Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Posted 24 June 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
If this is from over indulgence, with a shoot the next day, shows no respect for you, total indifference and they should contemplate a different career because these actions would just be plain unacceptable.

Mind you, were you up at 4am to receive it!!?

Also of course they may actually have been ill, in which case..at least they contacted you?

Posted 24 June 2013
Strika
Photographer
Strika
I like to take people at their word, but I think your over indulgence is closer to the mark.

Posted 24 June 2013
Strober
Photographer
Strober
Strika
I'm starting to get very suspicious at 4:00am texts cancelling shoots, amazes me that I'm the one thing a model is thinking about when not well at 4:00am. Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Comedy mate, comedy that stuff I've had it done on me before again comedy
Posted 24 June 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
At least the made contact, rather than keep you waiting at the studio.

Posted 24 June 2013
Honesty
Model
Honesty

I'd say it's a classic night before. Occasionally I get insomnia and if so fire off around 6am if I've not slept. That's about when I give up on the idea. I would have thought 4.30am would be a tad unsubtle, suprised anyone does that.

Posted 24 June 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
I've had a 2am, looked like model was drunk, but maybe through the 'haze' had a conscience. Also had a 4am, I'm not an insomniac, the message time gets shown, but I was somehow expecting, the 3rd, late cancellation from this, never to be worked with person.

Posted 24 June 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Anything is better than a no-show!

Posted 24 June 2013
Strika
Photographer
Strika
Yes the actual text English and gramma give a lot away, ??

Posted 24 June 2013
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
I had the same from a model, a text at 4:30am cancelling a shoot booked that day.

Posted 24 June 2013
Must admit I've texted a photographer in the early hours to cancel the next morning (years ago). I really should not have eaten that day old prawn toast. I spent 12-4am sleeping, 4-8am horribly, horribly awake.

Posted 24 June 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Internet modelling...working with established agencies makes more sense..

Posted 24 June 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Maybe you'd have preferred if she'd phoned you at 4am !! or left it until 30 minutes after the shoot should have started. A model lets you know she can't make the shoot .... and you complain ! If you can't book reliable models maybe it would be more productive to worry about why that is, rather than casting doubt on the honesty of people who have let you know they are cancelling.
Posted 24 June 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
I rather think the point the OP is making, and I and others agree, and share the frustration, is that a text is semi anonymous , there is no conversation, otherwise one might hear the party going on, in the background, shock horror.The other point is this makes it, technically, not a ' no show' but in practice virtually is. A lot of preparation and arrangements probably been put in. Even people not taking another job or taking leave from work. If you've arranged to take a day out waiting for a new freezer, then get a TEXT, a few hours before it was supposed to arrive,saying itwon't be delivered ( tough, in brackets) anyone would be annoyed and frustrated.

Posted 25 June 2013
Edited by magpie1 25 June 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
magpie1
I rather think the point the OP is making, and I and others agree, and share the frustration, is that a text is semi anonymous , there is no conversation, otherwise one might hear the party going on, in the background. The other point is this makes it, technically, not a ' no show' but in practice virtually is.
Not as much as a text 5 minutes before the shoot which is technically not a "no show" either!
Posted 25 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join