Bummed Out About Height Restrictions

Bummed Out About Height Restrictions

55 posts
11 June 2013
elye
Model
elye
im 5'2 but very experienced,not perfect, no one is but im damn good at my job! works slow as of late because im not millions of feet tall, anyone else have this trouble? OR DOES ANYONE WANNA SHOOT WITH A SHORT ASS!
Posted 11 June 2013
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
I have shot Rachelle Summers four times in the last year. She is extremely popular, despite being only 5ft tall.

Posted 11 June 2013
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
Short people look out of proportion. That's why they don't make good models. As long as you're not being shot full length then I guess it's not a problem but full length their legs and arms look weird.

Posted 11 June 2013
Edited by katiesoze 11 June 2013
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
katiesoze

Short people look out of proportion. That's why they don't make good models. As long as you're not being shot full length then I guess it's not a problem but full length their legs and arms look weird.

Miss Pixie, Leah-Axl, Tillie, Rachael Summers, to name but four... I don't think their legs or arms look at all weird. And they're all bloody good models.
Posted 11 June 2013
Edited by orsoncarter 11 June 2013
elye
Model
elye
katiesoze
arabella drummond is 5'1 and perfect, i recently met a front girl who was 5ft but doing high fashion and rocking it
Posted 11 June 2013
jes
Model
jes
katiesoze

No...out of proportion people look out of proportion!!!

Look at River's profile.  She is teeny but looks fabulous!

Posted 11 June 2013
Edited by jes 11 June 2013
Aberotica
Photographer
Aberotica
There is one constant in the human body - head size. That's why really tall girls can look as if they have small heads and really short girls can look as if their head is larger.
Your size wouldn't bother me, but the tattoo's do.

Posted 11 June 2013
Aberotica

There is one constant in the human body - head size. That's why really tall girls can look as if they have small heads and really short girls can look as if their head is larger. Your size wouldn't bother me, but the tattoo's do.

No, there is probably less variation than other body parts but people definitely have different sized heads.
Posted 11 June 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
katiesoze

Talk ******** much?

Models like Faye and ChaosOfTrouble are adored and are excellent models.
Posted 11 June 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
katiesoze

Which probably explains why there's not many penguins signed up to the top agencies  ( I just hire nuns instead)

Posted 12 June 2013
EdT
Photographer
EdT
elye
Works slow as of late because im not millions of feet tall, anyone else have this trouble? OR DOES ANYONE WANNA SHOOT WITH A SHORT ASS!
Was being a short ass not a problem before? I hadn't realised that regulations had changed recently with respect to models' heights. I will, in the future, make sure that any model I hire meets the new specifications. Thanks for the tip off
Posted 12 June 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
I would not want to shoot you but that's nothing to do with your height.

If someone wants to shoot you they will, regardless of height.

Posted 12 June 2013
River
Model
River
jes

No...out of proportion people look out of proportion!!!

Look at River's profile.  She is teeny but looks fabulous!

Thanks Jes
I'm 5"2...True, being short does limit the work you can do. But it doesnt mean you can't still have lots of brilliant, varied shoots with great photographers!
Posted 12 June 2013
Edited by River 12 June 2013
Time and time again people moan about the "height" restrictions...

Lets face it doing agency things your height will restrict you but there is MUCH more to being a good model than height.
I'm 6ft1 and I wouldn't get signed but thats down to my look/bodyshape/age.
So when I see a 5ft 4 girl who bleats on about their height being the reason for their agency dream failures I just want to scream that even if they were taller they probably still wouldn't be an agency model (I'm not speaking about you here btw, its just something I spot fairly often and it really f$cks me off).

As others have mentioned there are plenty of internet models who are on the shorter side and they manage to do well for themselves in their chosen styles, they work hard with what they do have and the skills they bring to a shoot. I'm sure if you worked hard and got some great images on your portfolio you could also do really well for yourself. Don't blame the height though, because on here it really isn't that important for most people!

Posted 12 June 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Chrissie_Red
Don't blame the height though, because on here it really isn't that important for most people!
But it's easier than blaming the face, body or (lack of) ability. (not aimed at the OP, I've not even looked at your port)
Posted 12 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join