Embarrassing Photography Moments

Embarrassing Photography Moments

53 posts
10 June 2013
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz

A bit of honest fun….

I think it's safe to say that we photographers have all done it at some point. Yes I'm referring to that embarrassing moment when the model is waiting patiently on your
instructions while you try and figure out what's wrong with your camera; finally she utters those dreaded words "Your lens cap is still on."

Personally, I can recall at least two occasions when this particular embarrassment has happened to me.

No way do I think I'm the only plonker this has happened to. Has it happened to you, and if so, how many times??

Posted 10 June 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I bent over once to adjust the power on my flash generator only to let out an almighty great fart (while stood about 3' from the model).
Posted 10 June 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
RedChecker

I bent over once to adjust the power on my flash generator only to let out an almighty great fart (while stood about 3' from the model).

It you had lit a match it would have really  been a flash generator! smiley
Posted 10 June 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Not that many but I did once say "ok, turn around, take the knickers off and lets see what springs to mind".

It sounded MUCH more creative in my head.

Posted 10 June 2013
yep, the lens cap one I always automatically put it back on and then forget also my shutter jamming (happens all the time) makes me look stupid as I stand there going 'sorry, sorry, stupid camera, sorry'
Posted 10 June 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
RattusRock

yep, the lens cap one I always automatically put it back on and then forget also my shutter jamming (happens all the time) makes me look stupid as I stand there going 'sorry, sorry, stupid camera, sorry'

It's a damn sight less embarrassing with a SLR than with a  rangefinder camera when you only find out when you have the film processed! 

Posted 10 June 2013
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
During a short break from shooting, whilst casually chatting to the model, I sat on the end of the bed only for the end couple of wooden slats to give way beneath me ending up with my arse on the floor with legs and arms in the air.

Posted 10 June 2013
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
When the answer to my query was, "oh, it's my tampax string, hang on a 'mo whilst I fix it".

Posted 10 June 2013
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
I could not get my camera to work.

Only to realise that I had turned done something to the aperture ring. Therefore it the camera would not play with the pre digital lense. It took me some to work this out whilst two models were laughing at me.

Posted 10 June 2013
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
I had an agreement with a couple of strippers that I would shoot some promo shots for them and they would do some art nude for me. All went well until I reset the lights for the arty stuff. I went out of the room to turn out the room lights and came back in. Only to bang my knee on the corner of a wooden chest and go arse over tit. Lying on the ground uttering magic mantras along the lines of, "oh, gosh the perversity of inanimate objects", and "I say, isn't pain an interesting phenomenon?" when I looked up at two naked blondes, standing over me. One said sweetly, "Is there anything you would like us to do?"

I was in so much pain that I said "No"!

Posted 10 June 2013
oh and of course when I remember to remove the lens cap but forget I switched it off to save battery... nothing looks as dumb as when you suddenly realize it not turned on
Posted 10 June 2013
EdT
Photographer
EdT
I shot 5 rolls of film using studio flash and didn't notice that the shutter speed was set to 1/500. A lovely set of half images.

Posted 10 June 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
RattusRock
also my shutter jamming (happens all the time)
Really? Have you never looked into getting it serviced, or just getting a new camera if that one's not worth repairing? Even the odd shutter jam should be cause for concern, but all the time......?
Posted 10 June 2013
PaulManuell
Really? Have you never looked into getting it serviced, or just getting a new camera if that one's not worth repairing? Even the odd shutter jam should be cause for concern, but all the time......?
its always done it, just a little fault and I dont have money to fix it (its a 6 year old camera and I dont shoot often) if I switch it off or reset it then it tends to fix it, just looks a little stupid and really annoying for fast moving photography like sports or bands when you only have one chance
Posted 10 June 2013
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
My only other embarrassing moment is years ago when I was sorting out the studio and, particularly, some paperwork on a desk by the door. There was a knock followed by a lady popping her head round the door. A bit frustrated with the interruption, I said, "And you are? Considering the circumstances, she said in a very polite way, "Your model."
Posted 11 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join