I said I wouldn't post one of these, but...

I said I wouldn't post one of these, but...

42 posts
8 June 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
...I am so annoyed and sad! Sat here in the studio twiddling my thumbs. Let down by one model for this slot yesterday , put up a last minute casting, arranged a replacement model , who has then no-showed! How annoying is that?? Then I have another shoot booked this afternoon and not heard a peep from the model for a good while, and she's not responding to messages! So that's gonna be a no-show too, I reckon! Hope she proves me wrong...but I am not getting my hopes up! Could be out having fun in the sun with the kids, or something.
Posted 8 June 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
WhitePython

... Could be out having fun in the sun with the kids, or something.

Possibly what the "model" thought?

TF casting on a weekend is unlikley to appeal to the professional models - and the newbies are most likely to get a paid shoot offer at a weekend or decide after arranging they would rather go out with their mates. Add in good weather and you are possibly heading for a fall
Posted 8 June 2013
silverk
Photographer
silverk
Oh well these things happen, keep smiling, move on and try and enjoy the sun as well
Posted 8 June 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
Gerry99111
Possibly what the "model" thought? TF casting on a weekend is unlikley to appeal to the professional models - and the newbies are most likely to get a paid shoot offer at a weekend or decide after arranging they would rather go out with their mates. Add in good weather and you are possibly heading for a fall
Yeah, possibly. Shame that we were in conversation until 11 last night, and then nothing since then. She responded to a casting as well, and at that point said she'd LOVE to work with me... Crap, innit?
Posted 8 June 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
silverk
Oh well these things happen, keep smiling, move on and try and enjoy the sun as well
I thought of that, but the wife and kids have gone out now... Ah well, tidy the studio and wait for my customer (who will show up as I have heard from her this morning) and then see if my afternoon model is a no-show!
Posted 8 June 2013
WhitePython
Yeah, possibly. Shame that we were in conversation until 11 last night, and then nothing since then. She responded to a casting as well, and at that point said she'd LOVE to work with me... Crap, innit?
maybe she just hasnt logged on today? 11 last night isn't long ago, she might be showering, doing hair/make up, packing etc... believe it or not but models dont just sit around all the time twiddling there thumbs waiting for photographers to message, a lot can go into getting ready before a shoot also its only 11, the shoot isnt until the afternoon then she might be out or having a lie in with her free time on the weekend
Posted 8 June 2013
Edited by RattusRock 8 June 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
RattusRock
maybe she just hasnt logged on today? 11 last night isn't long ago, she might be showering, doing hair/make up, packing etc... believe it or not but models dont just sit around all the time twiddling there thumbs waiting for photographers to message, a lot can go into getting ready before a shoot also its only 11, the shoot isnt until the afternoon then she might be out or having a lie in with her free time on the weekend
Shoot was for 10am this morning...
Posted 8 June 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
RattusRock
The shoot for this afternoon is a completely different model who hasn't responded to messages for the last week to try to confirm the shoot. She may yet show up, who knows, but it might have been nice for her to send a reply to the several messages just saying "yeah, it's ok...see you then" or "No, sorry, something came up". But not a dickie-bird! And yes, I do know of photographers who are as bad...this is not a model-bashing, just me saying I am sad because I could have done something else.
Posted 8 June 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
RattusRock
11 last night isn't long ago, she might be showering, doing hair/make up, packing etc... believe it or not but models dont just sit around all the time twiddling there thumbs waiting for photographers to message, a lot can go into getting ready before a shoot
And I was only twiddling my thumbs because, believe it or not, I had turned up to my studio early, got everything set up ready, got the kettle filled and ready, bought the milk, checked camera and batteries, lenses and lights, and sorted a few of the props I was going to use. Only started twiddling my thumbs after the model no-showed.
Posted 8 June 2013
Edited by WhitePython 8 June 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
...And there we go...just got word, 2 hours before the start time that the afternoon model has cancelled too. Only now, despite several messages throughout the last week to try to confirm the shoot.
Posted 8 June 2013
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
Out of interest how many references did these 3 'models' have between them?

Posted 8 June 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
1919_Images
Out of interest how many references did these 3 'models' have between them?
The model for this afternoon had 4 on Purestorm (no negative) and I have also seen her work with some folks I already know. For this morning, the first one that cancelled yesterday had 3 on PurplePort. She is not on here. The replacement for this morning has 13 positive on Purestorm. So, not complete novices. But ALL models, even those with thousands of recommendations must have passed through th 4 or 5 recommendation stage...And none of these had any negative ones. Until now.
Posted 8 June 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
WhitePython

The model for this afternoon had 4 on Purestorm (no negative) and I have also seen her work with some folks I already know. For this morning, the first one that cancelled yesterday had 3 on PurplePort. She is not on here. The replacement for this morning has 13 positive on Purestorm. So, not complete novices. But ALL models, even those with thousands of recommendations must have passed through th 4 or 5 recommendation stage...And none of these had any negative ones. Until now.

Well assuming you have booked them through a portfolio hosting site, and followed all the rules, you should be able to leave a late cancellation on the site you made the booking and change their unblemished record. If you did not follow the rules about shoot arranging, maybe that explains their unblemished reputation.
Posted 8 June 2013
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
Gerry99111
Well assuming you have booked them through a portfolio hosting site, and followed all the rules, you should be able to leave a late cancellation on the site you made the booking and change their unblemished record. If you did not follow the rules about shoot arranging, maybe that explains their unblemished reputation.
I agree, make sure you leave negative references for them, which will do both photographers and the reliable genuine models on these sites a favour.
Posted 8 June 2013
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
I'd also have to question youre arrangements if 3 models have no showed in 2 days, have you sent them all the details of what the shoot will involve and got their agreement and have you got contact numbers? A simple text the night before/morning of the shoot normally lets you know where you stand, no reply nearly always means no show.

Posted 8 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join