Fundraising Ideas

12 posts
7 June 2013
Preparing for shoots can get pricey. I am looking for some fundraising ideas. I am looking to raise money so I can get more expensive props for shoots such as wigs and a few costumes. Any ideas????

Posted 7 June 2013
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
JuicyJ2013
Any ideas????
One way of raising funds is to invest £2.99 a month in an Upgrade meaning you could cast for Paid work
Free account holders do not get the Seeking Paid Work option.
Posted 7 June 2013
Edited by Purestorm 7 June 2013
Thank you, but I am not interested in doing that at this time as I am on other sites as well

Posted 7 June 2013
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
If I want something new I generally sell stuff that I already own but don't use very often. Amazing how much you can find with a good cupboard clear out...

Posted 7 June 2013
I have nothing to sell.

Posted 7 June 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Get a job.

Posted 7 June 2013
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
as above, either charge for your work or get a job to fund your hobby
Posted 7 June 2013
I do both and support 2 people on my income alone. I was asking for fundraising ideas as I recall. If you don't have one, then why post?

Posted 7 June 2013
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
charging for your modelling and funding your modelling with your job are two worthwhile fundraising ideas in my opinion
Posted 7 June 2013
I don't make enough. If I did I wouldnt be asking for ideas. Thanks

Posted 7 June 2013
Maybe you should just start a page up on facebook and ask people to send you money for doing nothing at all.

If you can't afford props then you can't buy them.

When I think of the word "fundraising" I think of worthwhile charities who actually NEED the money to continue helping people.

As above - sell old things, get another job, try and charge for your modelling - another idea is renting props which would work out significantly cheaper than buying them, if you are in an antique shop or something you could maybe even ask if you can do a photoshoot there out of hours so you can use their props. Could even ask the photographer if he would be willing to take some shots of the shop for their own purposes.

Posted 12 June 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
If you do not make a profit from modelling then your in the wrong line of business. If you cannot make a profile over 6 months, then give it up, or do it for fun and do not expect to make much money.

Posted 13 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join