lack of interest

21 posts
31 May 2013
Started out well, do I stay or do I go? I love modelling but don't get as many responses. What am I doing wrong or what is the problem with my portfolio?
Posted 31 May 2013
Spooky
Photographer
Spooky
I have had a look at your port and there are some effective images in there but also some less than flattering. A number of images are very sinilar too but I can't see that any would really put off a photographer though; it looks as though you are confident and capable in front of camera. The part that may be problematic is that you take a chaperone to every shoot. Although it is good that you state this in your notes, there are a number of photographers who might take issue with this and may choose not to work with you on that basis.

Ask yourself what kind of work are you after and who / how are you seeking work? Have you put out any casting calls?

I certainly would be interested in working with you should you ever fancy crossing county lines and heading into Hertfordshire!

Keep with it and try to be discerning about who you work with and think specifics about what you want in your portfolio; quality over quantity is good.

Cheers

Spooks

Posted 31 May 2013
Edited by Spooky 31 May 2013
hiya, thanks for your response can I ask on the less than flattering pics? Obviously I want the best pics, the best shapes and a way to bring in the work. advise is fab and I wont be offended (maybe a bit ) but not offended thanks Lisa
Posted 1 June 2013
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Be a bit more selective with your images. If you are prepared to work TFP contact local photographers whos' work you like and ask for a shoot. Chaperone may be a problem. A smile would help. Apart from distance I would offer to shoot you.
Posted 1 June 2013
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
oscar

Be a bit more selective with your images. If you are prepared to work TFP contact local photographers whos' work you like and ask for a shoot. Chaperone may be a problem. A smile would help. Apart from distance I would offer to shoot you.

+1

Posted 1 June 2013
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
I agree with the above comments re: the quality of your images.

Just as a one off, why not find a photographer whose images you like and pay for a portfolio shoot to give your marketing a boost.

Hope this helps...

Nick

Posted 1 June 2013
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Spooky

I have had a look at your port and there are some effective images in there but also some less than flattering. A number of images are very sinilar too but I can't see that any would really put off a photographer though; it looks as though you are confident and capable in front of camera. The part that may be problematic is that you take a chaperone to every shoot. Although it is good that you state this in your notes, there are a number of photographers who might take issue with this and may choose not to work with you on that basis. Ask yourself what kind of work are you after and who / how are you seeking work? Have you put out any casting calls? I certainly would be interested in working with you should you ever fancy crossing county lines and heading into Hertfordshire! Keep with it and try to be discerning about who you work with and think specifics about what you want in your portfolio; quality over quantity is good. Cheers Spooks

Words of wisdom from Spooky

Plus just done a search in your region for the same levels as you, age range 4 years either side of you results in 6 models including yourself, the other 5 have better images in their portfolios plus none of them insist on a chaperone.

Posted 1 June 2013
Thanks for all your replies so far, they are very helpful. I know some togs have chaperone issues and some don't, just makes me feel even more comfortable than I already would be Getting some PM feedback re: images will be working on those over then next few days, also some possible local tfcd shoots. So your advise has been a help. Regards Lisa
Posted 1 June 2013
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotograph..
I guess not all will agree with me, but some poses work with younger models, more mature models often need to not try to copy them but find that style that suits their age/shape/figure.
I think by looking at models of a similar age group you will see that mature models can create some great poses which really suit them whereas if they copy a 18year old, it somehow doesn't work.
Hope this helps. And like the others I would be happy to work with you, so maybe any lack of interest is not just you but affecting many of us.
Posted 1 June 2013
jes
Model
jes
Hi,

I think if you're going to do shoots with fetish/latex clothing, they need to be great shots otherwise they can look tacky.  Your images do you no favours.  If I was you I'd start again...look at some images by photographers you like and either ask them to collaborate or pay them for their time.  Also perhaps book a MUA/stylist as they can make all the difference.

Best of luck
Posted 1 June 2013
jes

Hi,

I think if you're going to do shoots with fetish/latex clothing, they need to be great shots otherwise they can look tacky.  Your images do you no favours.  If I was you I'd start again...look at some images by photographers you like and either ask them to collaborate or pay them for their time.  Also perhaps book a MUA/stylist as they can make all the difference.

Best of luck

Or look at Jes's portfolio and the quality/style on there and aim for that level  

Posted 1 June 2013
I think a good idea would be to set up some tfcd shoots with some great photographers to strengthen up your port That's what I did at the start , a good portfolio will get your more work
Posted 1 June 2013
fishing
Model
fishing
oscar

Be a bit more selective with your images. If you are prepared to work TFP contact local photographers whos' work you like and ask for a shoot.
Chaperone may be a problem. A smile would help.
Apart from distance I would offer to shoot you.

Hi,may I ask you,why chaperone is a problem?

Moderator Input
If truly interested in knowing why some find chaperones can be a problem look here:
-
~§~ Chaperones / Macaroons ~§~

Posted 1 June 2013
Edited by WebModerator 2 June 2013
laylarc
Model
laylarc
Agree with everyone that's suggested trimming your port, and working with somebody experienced on pictures specifically for your port. It's hard for everyone at the moment, so don't feel bad. If this is a hobby/part time job, life modelling and extras work are good ways to earn money and keep your mojo up until the next shoot. You can use your modelling photos to help you with both types of work. Chaperones do put some photographers off. If your chaperone cancels, it's likely (in the photographer's mind) that you will as well. And scheduling a time that suits all 3 of you can be a nightmare as well. Safety is important. You can check references with other models, and if your photographer checks out OK and safe, you might prefer to have your chaperone drop you off & pick you up, instead of having them sit there throughout the shoot. If you find that you're OK working this way, drop the Chaperone part of your port notes. Small details - your fee for art nude is vague. I suggest picking one fee & sticking to it. Also, your user name is a bit scary! Newbie photographers can be ever so timid. I don't think you can change your actual username, but the part on the form where it asks for your name - obviously don't use your real name but maybe pick something a bit more down to earth. As a 33 year old 'mature' model, and an experienced model to a relative newbie, I hope you don't mind me pointing this out. Makeup. Learn how to do your makeup for camera if you don't have an MUA on most shoots. Your normal, everyday makeup looks nice in real life, but doesnt cut it on camera. There are some wonderful makeup artists on YouTube that will show you how to create a look to suit the shoot. Neither of us is 19, and contouring and great foundation counts for a lot. There are some great tutorials on glamour makeup too. If you can do this well, this will add value to your shoots. Hope some of this was helpful & good luck
Posted 1 June 2013
Edited by laylarc 1 June 2013
1884photo
Photographer
1884photo
Can i ask what your aspirations from modeling are? Money, pics, career...??

Posted 2 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join