creating ideas

28 posts
31 May 2013
Hiya guys..
have a few creative ideas like....
Lovely boudoir style shots on sofa, dining table, steamy shower etc...

Lingerie shoot with some pearls
Spray cream mad shot
Shoot in an Indian sari and bangles
Dining table shots
Handcuffed inside a wardrobe
Suggestive strawberry and champagne

... But I would like to expand that list. Do you models have any suggestions or ideas to add to the list??
Posted 31 May 2013
Edited by WebModerator 31 May 2013
people work there asses off to come up with new ideas... no one just gives them away but if you want the classic give away shots: red rose petals heel in thong selective color in graveyard/cemetery smarties implied nude anything on a wicker chair angel wings warning: all of these will most likely look cheesy as hell
Posted 31 May 2013
Edited by RattusRock 31 May 2013
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
RattusRock

people work there asses off to come up with new ideas... no one just gives them away but if you want the classic give away shots: red rose petals heel in thong selective color in graveyard/cemetery smarties implied nude anything on a wicker chair angel wings warning: all of these will most likely look cheesy as hell

don't forget the stripey socks in the fake reflexion, aguably the naffest image in the history of the world EVA! and the all time classic "Malteser"

Posted 31 May 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
vipimages

and the all time classic "Malteser"

That's when this site was great... we need more of it cheeky
Posted 31 May 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
vipimages

don't forget the stripey socks in the fake reflexion, aguably the naffest image in the history of the world EVA!

Oh gosh, yes!  sad surprise

You can find creative ideas all around you. Browse magazines and websites.  Watch movies.  Don't go for the usual cliches.

Best regards
Paul
Posted 31 May 2013
I still haven't done a CLINGFILM wrapped round naked body shoot...
Posted 31 May 2013
vipimages
don't forget the stripey socks in the fake reflexion, aguably the naffest image in the history of the world EVA! and the all time classic "Malteser"
of course how did i forget that one
Posted 31 May 2013
Edited by RattusRock 31 May 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Why go for creative ideas though? More often than not they simply look like utter shit either by poor execution or the idea's just too obtuse.

Tried and tested ideas but done WELL will always be respected and will get noticed.

Posted 31 May 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
Trouble is, Bethany, that most photographers (and models) will all have done these before...that's not to say they shouldn't be done again, but you'll get little joy from people in feedback on the images. But that said, I think these ideas SHOULD be done again by aspiring models and aspiring photographers in the learning of their craft...first, emulate what went before, and THEN start to get really creative on your own, with your own ideas. There are people out there who can come up with very creative ideas all on their very own, but most new ideas are actually re-workings and mash-ups of older ideas...and sometimes they can be done better than the original ideas and it was worth it, and other times they are done no better than before and everyone is horrid to you for doing it. Best bet? Have a few ideas, find a photographer to shoot them for you, and you will probably start to work well with someone and have more ideas as you go along. Then you are ready for the next shoot, and more prepared with ideas.
Posted 31 May 2013
I tend to find have a loose idea of clothing you want to wear or location is best and then wing it... that's how you end up with unique or creative stuff by just ****ing around with it

if you can think of it chances are hundreds of others have too

Posted 31 May 2013
I tend to fit ideas around something I have seen or own. If you have 6 old tv's in the loft get them down and smash them up for a photoshoot. I ripped out the old bath in my apartment and I had it sitting in the spare room for a couple of weeks before I took it to the skip, I used that in a shoot. Or if you are out shopping and you come across an interesting bit of material then buy it - wear it, have it held up in the wind, get the photographer to put it in front of the lens for a different effect. If you buy something with little holes in it then try putting it over the light source to create an interesting shadow. Here are some random things I have done in the past (I will just focus on and around bathrooms because the list from elsewhere would be far to big) - The old grotty bath in the middle of the room with a beautiful summer dress and hat on - mixing dirty and ugly with something pretty. A bath full of popcorn which then ended up being a little set with me washing my face with it/brushing my teeth with it. Didn't cost the earth and looked pretty cool. Years ago I had brightly coloured red hair and the dye would come off when my hair got wet so I used that in a shoot in a shower - it almost looked like my head was bleeding and the pink bubbles were funky too. Bath with candles around it - bath with interesting coloured bath bomb with glitter. Bath with something called "jelli bath" which basically turned my bath water bright blue and it was like the stuff people got junked in on kids shows. Showers with see through frosted glass, although you couldn't see me properly you could see my outline so it was a chance to make some interesting shapes. Lots of dark makeup under the shower letting it run down your face looks kind of cool, I've also worn clothes/latex in the bath. I've also shot in hot tubs/saunas etc. Do any of your family or friends have access to an interesting location - could be an outbuilding/shed/stable block/garage/office - interesting wall with ivy in the back garden? once you know the location use the things already there as a sort of prop to work with. Interesting old doorways and walls with texture look fantastic in images. Once you start seeing the possibilities of the things you see or places you visit you will be overwhelmed with ideas. Everytime I leave the house I spot something I think will work for a shoot, when I get taken into old buildings even if I'm not on a shoot my eye is drawn to the area which will look awesome in photos due to the background or the light (sometimes both). What helps me and helped me years ago was having a few photographers who I can call upon when I have an idea - some are better suited than others depending on what style I was looking for. For example I had my "location artnude dude" - if I had an idea of a location nude shoot I wanted to try then he would get the call, I also had an "alternative/dark" photographer for my ideas which were dark/shadow'y and I had a couple of photographers who shot more bright fashion/headshot stuff well. When you know a person well and get some sort of friendship with them you are under less pressure I think. If any of my ideas don't work the first time round then none of the images go online and we either try again or I realise the idea was crap I used to be struck with ideas or faced with locations or settings I loved on daytrips with the other half, so I actually gave him my camera and asked him to learn how to take pictures. 3 or so years on he is really into photography now and if we are on holiday or on a day trip out and we see something we like then we will do a little shoot. So look for somebody fairly local who is also wanting to improve/experiment. Try to select somebody who already has the "basic" parts of photography down though, doesn't matter how great you are or the ideas are if the photographer is crap then the images will look crap Good luck and have fun!
Posted 31 May 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
You have some lovely ideas from Chrissie.

I'd add ....    be yourself. You have a really sweet look going for you. Choose some clothes or things that you love. They don't have to be "glamour" like other girls do. Maybe a fav piece of jewelry or your most loved top. Or pjs even! Do you have a hobby os sport? Or a pet? Or your best food even! Go with those for a bit and you will start to conjure up a style of your own. Oh, and do wear pink, it so suits you x
Posted 31 May 2013
Edited by Lisaliz 31 May 2013
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
Chrissie_Red
I tend to fit ideas around something I have seen or own. If you have 6 old tv's in the loft get them down and smash them up for a photoshoot. I ripped out the old bath in my apartment and I had it sitting in the spare room for a couple of weeks before I took it to the skip, I used that in a shoot. Or if you are out shopping and you come across an interesting bit of material then buy it - wear it, have it held up in the wind, get the photographer to put it in front of the lens for a different effect. If you buy something with little holes in it then try putting it over the light source to create an interesting shadow. Here are some random things I have done in the past (I will just focus on and around bathrooms because the list from elsewhere would be far to big) - The old grotty bath in the middle of the room with a beautiful summer dress and hat on - mixing dirty and ugly with something pretty. A bath full of popcorn which then ended up being a little set with me washing my face with it/brushing my teeth with it. Didn't cost the earth and looked pretty cool. Years ago I had brightly coloured red hair and the dye would come off when my hair got wet so I used that in a shoot in a shower - it almost looked like my head was bleeding and the pink bubbles were funky too. Bath with candles around it - bath with interesting coloured bath bomb with glitter. Bath with something called "jelli bath" which basically turned my bath water bright blue and it was like the stuff people got junked in on kids shows. Showers with see through frosted glass, although you couldn't see me properly you could see my outline so it was a chance to make some interesting shapes. Lots of dark makeup under the shower letting it run down your face looks kind of cool, I've also worn clothes/latex in the bath. I've also shot in hot tubs/saunas etc. Do any of your family or friends have access to an interesting location - could be an outbuilding/shed/stable block/garage/office - interesting wall with ivy in the back garden? once you know the location use the things already there as a sort of prop to work with. Interesting old doorways and walls with texture look fantastic in images. Once you start seeing the possibilities of the things you see or places you visit you will be overwhelmed with ideas. Everytime I leave the house I spot something I think will work for a shoot, when I get taken into old buildings even if I'm not on a shoot my eye is drawn to the area which will look awesome in photos due to the background or the light (sometimes both). What helps me and helped me years ago was having a few photographers who I can call upon when I have an idea - some are better suited than others depending on what style I was looking for. For example I had my "location artnude dude" - if I had an idea of a location nude shoot I wanted to try then he would get the call, I also had an "alternative/dark" photographer for my ideas which were dark/shadow'y and I had a couple of photographers who shot more bright fashion/headshot stuff well. When you know a person well and get some sort of friendship with them you are under less pressure I think. If any of my ideas don't work the first time round then none of the images go online and we either try again or I realise the idea was crap I used to be struck with ideas or faced with locations or settings I loved on daytrips with the other half, so I actually gave him my camera and asked him to learn how to take pictures. 3 or so years on he is really into photography now and if we are on holiday or on a day trip out and we see something we like then we will do a little shoot. So look for somebody fairly local who is also wanting to improve/experiment. Try to select somebody who already has the "basic" parts of photography down though, doesn't matter how great you are or the ideas are if the photographer is crap then the images will look crap Good luck and have fun!
A good and useful post, not just for models, but photographers too.
Posted 31 May 2013
EdT
Photographer
EdT
RattusRock
of course how did i forget that one
In the same way as you forgot the guitar as a prop.
Posted 1 June 2013
EdT
In the same way as you forgot the guitar as a prop.
damn it, im getting forgetful in my old age lol p.s if your going to you a guitar OP make sure you defiantly cant play it, its the only way to guarantee you hold it completely wrong
Posted 1 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join