I'm Opening a Real Life Gallery!

I'm Opening a Real Life Gallery!

14 posts
28 May 2013
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Being prone to impulsive risk taking as I am I've just gone and rented a real life bricks and mortar shop to turn into a gallery. Luckily its right on the sea front in a place crawling with tourists and I'm mostly going to be offering local fare to those passing through - but occassionally I'm going to stick some girls up on there just to see how the ultra conservative Maltese react. wink I know its totally crazy, mad, and probably doomed to commercial failure but hell, I'm excited! So if any of you ever find yourself in Xlendi Bay then do drop in! 

ps. I won't just be exhibiting my own work of course so if anyone is interested in having their work offered for sale in a real life place where half the people seem to rock up to the front door in yachts then drop me a message. Totally open to all kinds of images. Its basically just a project for me to leave the rat race once and for all.

Posted 28 May 2013
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
fair play to you........good luck with things
Posted 28 May 2013
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Good luck - I really hope it all works out well for you

Posted 28 May 2013
si_mo
Photographer
si_mo
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it, and it works well for you.

Posted 28 May 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
artistoli

... I know its totally crazy, mad, and probably doomed to commercial failure but hell, I'm excited!  

Good on you!  cheeky  cheeky 
Posted 28 May 2013
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Well done. I like that kind of impulse. Hope it goes well.

Posted 28 May 2013
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Would like to wish you all the very best and hope it works out well for you.
Posted 29 May 2013
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
You are a lucky man living in such a beautiful place! I went diving there years ago and loved the place Good luck with your venture
Posted 29 May 2013
markeewould
Photographer
markeewould
all the best with the dream!

Posted 29 May 2013
Best wishes - hope it's everything you want it to be!

Posted 29 May 2013
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
Good luck what a blast
Posted 29 May 2013
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_Howard
I think its a excellent idea! 

When we were there we were saying the place needed a  bread shop and a art gallery - there were very few handmade, truley local things  to buy in the area.  A T shirt made in China with the words Gozo on it didnt seem to cut it some how.

Posted 30 May 2013
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Victoria_Howard

I think its a excellent idea! 

When we were there we were saying the place needed a  bread shop and a art gallery - there were very few handmade, truley local things  to buy in the area.  A T shirt made in China with the words Gozo on it didnt seem to cut it some how.

If I get the gallery doing well that will totally be my next thing; a bread shop/bakery - you are totally right, the place really does need one for sure!

Thanks everyone for all the positive support - very much appreciated! There will be an open invite to all Purestorm members for the opening smiley
Been modging about in the shell that is the soon to be gallery today, discussing with local tradesmen and also attempting to deal with the myriad of government departments again. Have to keep going down to the bars to have a drink and take a step back as the insanity of it all keeps sinking in. Mind you, as all us creative types know only too well, if we waited until we really 'knew what we were doing' or had everything in place then we would never actually do anything.

From some emails I've had as well it appears many of us Purestormers are entrepreneurs in other fields too - must be something in the spirit. cheeky
Posted 30 May 2013
Brilliant news! Congrats, I may be in touch

Posted 16 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join