Sony NEX 5r

5 posts
26 May 2013
Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Sony NEX 5r?

Posted 26 May 2013
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphoto..

Video or stills?

Posted 27 May 2013
Stills.

I am attracted to the idea of it and have seen photos on the internet taken with it, but I am looking for personal opinions of it xxxx

Posted 28 May 2013
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
I don't have one, but I did buy the NEX6 a couple of weeks ago and thus far I think it's a great camera. The in built applications are a bit clunky (and it's a pain to have to set up an account to buy them).

I've come from Canons (I still have a 5DII) and Micro 4/3 (which I'm getting rid of). The Sony screen/menus are a bit annoying but the camera body is really decent and the results are much better than my old Micro 4/3.

Apparently the old kit lens on the 5r isn't fantastic and is quite large. A Sony rep (in PC world of all places) was telling me that Jessops are exclusively selling a 5r kit with the new compact 16-50PZ lens (which usually just comes with the 6). I'd recommend this if you end up with the 5r.

Posted 28 May 2013
acroshaw
Photographer
acroshaw
I had one, but i didnt get on with it, think the nex 6 and 7 are much better. I sold it and got a fuji 1ex, which is amazing, see the main shot on my port for an example of what a csc can do! It is more expensive, 900 quid for body and lens, but worth looking at. also check out www.camerajungle.co.uk , they have a csc cameras used, often very cheap good luck!
Posted 8 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join