Models - how many of you are happy with a threesome?!

Models - how many of you are happy with a threesome?!

28 posts
24 May 2013
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
In these times of hardship, I was wondering how many of you lovely models are happy to shoot with 2 or 3 photographers so they can share your costs. I know that some of you charge per day more than I earn in a week (I'm not knocking this as you do a job which I couldn't) but would you be happy to work with this arrangement so that you're more financially accessible to us mere mortals. We're not talking a group shoot here - just one model with 2 or 3 photographers.

Any comments girls (and boys)?
Posted 24 May 2013
Yeah I can't see why that would be a problem, I've certainly done shoots like that before x

Posted 24 May 2013
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
It's quite common, I have photographers working together on a shoots at my studio, usually 3 or 4 hour bookings between a couple of photographers. Models get longer bookings as does the studio.

Posted 24 May 2013
No problem at all with that... depending on the style of image being taken and how the photographers work. As a small group of photographers, you have the option of taking it in turns to shoot, or one taking the central shooting position whilst the other two shoot 'over his shoulder' so to speak. This kind of shooting is fine (in general) for all types of shots where nudity isn't involved. I think, and I'd hazard a guess that most models would agree, if shooting nude there needs to be only one person taking images at any one time - to avoid, for example, an open leg shot when the model doesn't do open leg, or 'Little Joel' making an appearance in a frame when I don't do frontal nudity...

Posted 24 May 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Speaking from a togs point of view and someone who has mentored studio sessions, always work one to one and take turns!

The "press pack" method can never work and the results will usually be poor..too many cooks comes to mind!! The model and photographer need to focus on each other with clear instructions given by the tog that the model can respond to without feeling she/he is in the middle of a bunch of paps!

Posted 24 May 2013
I have worked like this plenty of times and it works really well! Usually better when the photographers take it in turns as sometimes can be a little confusing in which direction were too look.. Lol But generally it's a great idea really!!
Posted 24 May 2013
Amber6
Model
Amber6
As long as the photographers are organised and respectful then I don't mind. Have done it a few times with various duos of photographers, which I've really enjoyed. Seems to work best when the photographers are good friends and know how each other work.

I think more than two and it becomes a group shoot, doesn't it really? And those are a bit of a handful sometimes! Not really my problem, but a lot of the folk at group shoots seem to argue/have strops about 'their turn' or the lighting being changed, and this doesn't make it a very nice atmosphere as I like everyone to be cheery on my shoots!

I think also, when you are shooting with someone else, you have to resign yourself to the fact it is no longer solely your shoot, and also you will get less photos (unless you do favour the 'press pack' method of just madly aiming and clicking!). I've had a few problems with these types of shoots running over, as everyone is trying to get 'one last shot'.

Posted 24 May 2013
Majority of shoots I have done recently have been shared between two or three photographers. Works the same as a Camera Club or a Studio Evening in my eyes. I guess the only downfall I see is that you get several photographers with similar images!

Posted 24 May 2013
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Thanks guys - some positive feedback there. I think I'll try such a shoot before the summer's out.
Posted 24 May 2013
Sounds like a good idea
Posted 24 May 2013
Doesn't bother me at all but I would prefer to know exactly who I'm shooting with prior to accepting the booking so I can check references etc.

I have lost count of the number of times I have been told on the morning of the shoot that there will be another "body" at the shoot and by that point I wouldn't want to make things awkward by showing I'm not 100% happy with the arrangement anymore or don't find out until I turn up which I always thought was quite rude so be honest from the start. Say the booking is for you and another photographer, if you don't yet know who the photographer is tell the model the moment you do know so she is able to do her homework.

Posted 24 May 2013
Have done various group of photographer shoots, with just me as the model and had thoroughly good time and plenty of super images afterwards. Really highly recommend. Have done both studio groups and location with up to six photographers. Once because the other models booked didn't turn up...

Just a question of posing to each photographer and giving it the 'max'....sometimes it would be the whole group of photographers shooting at me at once, in which case it's rather like being a famous person caught in the flashbulbs of paparazzi as I twirl and pose...or then the pace would slow and one photographer at a time, as they each take their own set.

Quick change of outfit in between and away we all went again. Lorra laughs and good will all round.

Always feel I've had an enjoyable 'workout' after one of these shootsfrownenergetic to say the least, but worthwhile.

A newbie might find same rather too much, I think a model needs a certain level of experience to be able to cope with all thos fellowslaugh
Posted 24 May 2013
Edited by SuzyMonty 24 May 2013
I'd be happy to and have done happily in the past. I wouldn't say no again, particularl if it is of benefot to my portfolio!

Posted 24 May 2013
I've worked with more than one photographer a couple of times. Aside from TF group shoots, I was once  booked for a hotel shoot with 2 photographers. Other models told me afterwards I should've increased my rates a little as there were 2 of them, but they (mostly) shot me separately rather than simultaneously so I'd have probably been there for less time if it was just one. 

Posted 24 May 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
A group shoot!  I can't think of anything worse.  If this were the only option in modelling I wouldn't have bothered starting this hobby. 

Posted 24 May 2013
Edited by johnlp 24 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join