is there any work for models doing photography club ?

is there any work for models doing photography club ?

6 posts
22 May 2013
I heard a few models say that they work at photography clubs earning money im new to this and asking for info and if there is work available
Posted 22 May 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Generally no, it's usually just a group of old men with just a few spare pounds from their pension, you won't make a living from clubs and it's bloody hard work as they're not used to shooting models.

Posted 22 May 2013
Hi Kim,
           Do you have your pown transport because most club events tend to be evenings.
           I stage group events at Keranda Studio and would be happy to book you,that would be on a Sunday and i'm not prepared to rely on trains on a Sunday. xx
Posted 23 May 2013
markwalden
Photographer
markwalden
I used to run my local camera club in staffordshire and we did use model maybe every 2 to 3 months and they used to get paid around £40 for a couple of hours depending on how much experience they had and what level they modeled at. As Redchecker said it is hard work doing this type of modeling and you are never going to be rich doing it.

Posted 23 May 2013
Hi , I work at a camera society. Lub every now and again on a permanent basis.. I earn a happy sum for. Y travel and the level I do which is a mix of portrait for an hour and art nude for an hour.. Yes I agree with all of the above it is hard work, as it's been stated it is mainly old guys who just take an interest in photography. But if your happy to free pose and confident to chuck in ideas you'd be fine.. It helps with the flow also.. But I enjoy it!! Not everyone's cup of tea though!! Look around or put a casting up requesting any clubs.. May work may not
Posted 24 May 2013
I would add that from my experience, you won't get any enquiries or paid work as a result of doing a camera club shoot. The camera club types tend not to want to hire models for private shoots.

Posted 25 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join