I needed a smile today.

I needed a smile today.

24 posts
21 May 2013
eebijeebi
Photographer
eebijeebi
Now I'm not out to cause a bun fight but I just saw -
'I'm a semi-professional full time model'.
No disrespect, no downer, no axe to grind, just had a tough day and little things please......., would happily book her - just a smile.

Posted 21 May 2013
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
So lets have a 3/4 Professional check box as an option

Ian
Posted 21 May 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
eebijeebi

Now I'm not out to cause a bun fight but I just saw - 'I'm a semi-professional full time model'. No disrespect, no downer, no axe to grind, just had a tough day and little things please......., would happily book her - just a smile.

??

I don't get it. What's the punchline?
Posted 21 May 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
skymouse
?? I don't get it. What's the punchline?
Full time semi professional does seem something of an oxymoron.
Posted 21 May 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
She works a full week but is only paid half the time?

Or maybe, she works a full week, but only behaves herself every other shoot?
Posted 21 May 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
I think she does a lot of tfp which makes her a full-time model , but not paid for all of her modelling.

Posted 21 May 2013
MG
Photographer
MG
But in fairness it's only 'us' that define these things... I know we all define it and so does mr wikipedia as part time but it could mean just not totally experienced. As in a lot of models on here. And to be fair I've yet to meet a really full time model.. ie, one that models for 38 hours a week with 4 weeks paid holiday
Posted 22 May 2013
MightyWhite
Photographer
MightyWhite
MG

And to be fair I've yet to meet a really full time model.. ie, one that models for 38 hours a week with 4 weeks paid holiday

You've obviously never been self employed. 

There are lots of sole traders (including models and photographers) who can't afford to take a holiday (either financially or because they feel they can't just close their shop for a few weeks).

Posted 22 May 2013
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
MightyWhite

You've obviously never been self employed. 

There are lots of sole traders (including models and photographers) who can't afford to take a holiday (either financially or because they feel they can't just close their shop for a few weeks).

+ 1  cheeky

Mike

Posted 22 May 2013
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
But if she said she was a professional you would moan that she was not that good?
Posted 22 May 2013
MG
Photographer
MG
MightyWhite
You've obviously never been self employed.  There are lots of sole traders (including models and photographers) who can't afford to take a holiday (either financially or because they feel they can't just close their shop for a few weeks).
I've only been a self employed photographer for about 15 years now! If you cant afford to take a holiday, you're in the wrong job!
Posted 22 May 2013
Edited by MG 22 May 2013
eebijeebi
Photographer
eebijeebi
Plymjack

But if she said she was a professional you would moan that she was not that good?

Who's that directed at?

Posted 22 May 2013
paule
Photographer
paule
Gif... pronounced: JIF the inventor now says..

yeah right...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22620473

Posted 22 May 2013
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
paule

Gif... pronounced: JIF the inventor now says..

yeah right...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22620473

Why on earth would anybody think that an acronym for an expression that begins with the word Graphic would be prounounced with a J? What a stupid Jit.

Posted 22 May 2013
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
DorsetHammer

Why on earth would anybody think that an acronym for an expression that begins with the word Graphic would be prounounced with a J? What a stupid Jit.

Maybe you should ask geofrey the gin-drinking giraffe?
Posted 22 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join