Accessing portfolio images post shoot

Accessing portfolio images post shoot

9 posts
21 May 2013
paulbatterbury
Photographer
paulbatterbury
I was just wondering if any other photographers out there allow on-line access for models to see and download their portfolio images.

In the past I have put up some zipped files, which meant the model had to download the whole zip file and I know one or two guys have some file sharing utils that allow a 48 hour window for people to download the images / zip but I thinking long term when people delete or lose images and want to recover them.

CD and DVD get damaged and lost even if they do find their way in the mail system before anyone suggests that. 
Posted 21 May 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
ZIP file on dropbox of watermarked (& low res) images.

Posted 21 May 2013
dominicdean
Photographer
dominicdean
I tend to give them a link to a pdf file I create. I used to send zips but found they would just put unedited pics up

Posted 21 May 2013
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
I put up a private web gallery with low res images (800 max width/height) with a large 50% transparent PROOF watermark. Oh, I cull the ones I think are poor, bad and really bad first - so the gallery is usually quite small
Posted 21 May 2013
paulbatterbury
Photographer
paulbatterbury
RedChecker

Drop-box that was the name, couldn’t remember it, but no need for that as the girl tend to pick out the images before they leave me, so it is all hi-res with me Red
Posted 21 May 2013
paulbatterbury
Photographer
paulbatterbury
cgwebster

I put up a private web gallery with low res images (800 max width/height) with a large 50% transparent PROOF watermark. Oh, I cull the ones I think are poor, bad and really bad first - so the gallery is usually quite small

I am using soothing similarly that that now but the can download their images with the usual watermark, where everyone else downloads images with a massive watermark. And I can select who get access to what images etc.   
Posted 21 May 2013
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
RedChecker
+1, except that I don't bother to zip them: I remind models that I won't keep their pics on DB for ever, so they need to donwload them and back them up themselves,
Posted 21 May 2013
digitalmood
Photographer
digitalmood
www.dropbox.com for definate - great service and available on iphone/pad/pod and android too

Posted 21 May 2013
paulbatterbury
Photographer
paulbatterbury
I using Pixaria, that way I can check who download what, when and how many time plus control their access, it also nice is it has a bit more of that professional appeal.

In the past I done everything you guy have suggested (apart from drop box) but now at least is a model does download or get back to you the images are there for all models and clients to look at, plus the model can get them at a later date without hassling you to re-upload the zip.

It gives the model the ability to cherry pick after retouching, but I am only using this as I had the software for my own image bank.

Posted 21 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join