New Rankin Exhibition on in Liverpool

New Rankin Exhibition on in Liverpool

3 posts
18 May 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones

The Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool is hosting Rankin's exhibition Alive: In the Face of Death.

Link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22554423

After photographing the world's most famous faces, from Kate Moss and Madonna to Tony Blair and the Queen, Rankin has now turned his lens on real people with terminal illnesses.  Alive: In the Face of Death is at the Walker Gallery until 15 September. The exhibition has been documented by BBC Two's The Culture Show for an episode to be broadcast later in the year and is part of Liverpool's Look/13 photography festival.

Best regards
Paul

Posted 18 May 2013
Serena
Model
Serena
Just read the 'link' ... what an interesting exhibition. Makes one realise how lucky one is - some people are very unlucky with their health - and yet so brave in the photographs. I was in the Walker earlier this month and am sorry it wasn't on then. I did ask if they had anything special on and the chap said 'just the rubbish upstairs'. He was meaning a 'modern installation' NOT the Victorian Art (which I love)! And it was rubbish too). Hope your link will alert a few more people to what should be something very thought provoking and worth visiting.

Posted 23 May 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Thanks Serena  cheeky

Best regards
Paul

Posted 23 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join