Plus Size Models...how to succeed...

Plus Size Models...how to succeed...

7 posts
15 May 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Models in general might be interested in this item on the BBC news site....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22508670
Posted 15 May 2013
Awesome thanks for posting!

I'm 3 sizes smaller than her on average, and still classed as plus size!

Posted 15 May 2013
DCox
Photographer
DCox
catherine_s

Awesome thanks for posting! I'm 3 sizes smaller than her on average, and still classed as plus size!

and gorgous!!!  dont worry about the size thing
Posted 15 May 2013
Corrall
Model
Corrall
Thanks for posting.

Posted 28 May 2013
Interesting
Posted 28 May 2013
shes a very beautiful woman and where as I completely agree that its absurd to judge beauty on size I have got to disagree with the modern day denial of it all

the vast majority of people who are a size 20 will NOT be completely healthy and its insane to try and convince yourself otherwise that's the same as saying a bulimic or anorexic person is completely healthy (the vast majority of size 0 will not be completely healthy)

when you put that much weight on joints and you will have an issue, not to mention fat is adipose tissue - this clogs organs, you're looking at a lifetime of health issues

(p.s my whole family are large with an average size of 20 and between my 5 immediate family members there is not a single day when one of them isn't in hospital or at the doctors so I have seen it first hand as well as studying it at university)

it would be lovely if everyone could have confidence and not be judge on appearance, but lets not try and stick a plaster over a hemorrhage and say it will be fine when it comes to health

Posted 29 May 2013
Edited by RattusRock 29 May 2013
I totally agree with what you are saying. If you go to any professional plus sized agency you will find their models range between a size 10-16. There's a difference between a healthy model who isn't catwalk sized, and someone grossly over weight. Its no different than promoting underweight models.

Posted 3 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join