No shows!!! (Familiies)

No shows!!! (Familiies)

19 posts
15 May 2013
howardmichael
Photographer
howardmichael
Is it just me  thinking too deep??  In the last few days, I have had 4 bookings for family/kids shoots and having sat in studio waiting!!! and waiting, they do not show?  These were all confirmed the day before and all looking forward to coming..

Is it me, or does anyone else get this happen to them??
Posted 15 May 2013
Pict
Photographer
Pict
I've never had a family just not turn up in the last 7 years. It might be worth digging deeper, 4 is a lot.

Posted 15 May 2013
howardmichael
Photographer
howardmichael
I thought that as it was unusual??  Will check around..

Posted 15 May 2013
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Having just googled icon photography your site doesn't come up.
How would new clients (who have bookings) search for your address etc on the day before their booking. By Icon, your name? (sorry don't know what that is).
If you are relying on them knowing your website is Icon-photos.com I'd suggest that could be a problem...

Posted 15 May 2013
howardmichael
Photographer
howardmichael
web site is www.icon-photos.com  But all my bookings are done on facebook.. I used to paypal set up for deposits but they did not do that either..

Posted 15 May 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Deposit, deposit, and getting them to fecking pay a DEPOSIT.

Posted 15 May 2013
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
Keltica
Deposit, deposit, and getting them to fecking pay a DEPOSIT.
+1 I teach bondage workshops: lots of folk sign up, and are ever so enthusiastic, and we exchange detailed emails about it all. But numbers usually drop by 25-30% when I send out requests for payment!
Posted 15 May 2013
chalkie7
Photographer
chalkie7
Same here...no deposit, no shoot.

Posted 15 May 2013
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
I used to do some family stuff & had to start taking a deposit because so many just wouldn't turn up.

Posted 16 May 2013
howardmichael
Photographer
howardmichael
Well it is not looking too bad now. I thought it was my quality had slipped. Studio is in Goole!!! if anyone knows it!!! Thanks for your comments

Posted 16 May 2013
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Get a small deposit for every booking to show they are comitted - hair dressers also suffer the problem.

Posted 16 May 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Try and separate out your family stuff from your glamour shoots with different websites/facebook accounts might be worth ago!

Posted 16 May 2013
Gregory_Mason
Photographer
Gregory_Mason
You have to get a deposit and put it in your terms and conditions. I went to see the physio at my local hospital and they had a list of no show appointments for the last month it went into treble figures ,if people are supposed to suffering from ailments and cant be arsed to turn up you have got no chance.

Posted 16 May 2013
thelook
Photographer
thelook
Don't get a 'Deposit' charge a 'Booking Fee'.
A Deposit is refundable where a Booking Fee is not....

Posted 16 May 2013
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
what if its a non refundable deposit?
Posted 16 May 2013
Edited by vipimages 16 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join